Parenting Practice Part 4

Perfect. This is the best day of my life. I turn to a 5 year old again and the door rings. In my whole life nothing is more humiliating than this.

"I got it! I coming!" Came George's squeak he called a voice.

George ran into Lockwood's room and came out with a pillow. He placed it on the top of the stairs and slipped into the pillowcase. He pushed off the landing and started to slide down.

"The looks like fun! I want to try!" Lockwood said and he ran into his room and got two more pillows.

"Lucy, don't you want to try it?" He squeaked.

I gave him my 'I feel like this is a bad idea' look but took it from him. I slipped in and he did too. We pushed off the landing.

"A-a-a-a-ahhh!" We screamed in union, as we bumped on the stairs.

After what felt like forever, we got to the bottom, slipping and sliding to George. Remember that we had just huge shirts on, so we kept tripping over ourselves. George tried to reach the doorknob but it took a couple tries. We groaned when we saw who was there. It was Kipps and his no-good lackeys.

"Woah... um, what happened here?" Kipps said, in a voice I think that was uncertain. That was a very rare voice.

Then again, we were a very rare sight. It's not everyday you see people that you know as teens, as children.

"We touched a source that was cursed, and it had an inscription that said that whoever touched it will change to a 5 year old for a while." Lockwood replied, which I think it was going to be a smooth tone, but it seemed scared.

"Well, you guys can't stop me from this now." He said as he ran into the house.

"Get him!" Lockwood screeched.

"AHHHH" We little-ones screamed as Kat Godwin, Bobby Vernon, and Ned Shaw picked us up.

Since Bobby and I were both super short, he got me, while Kat got Lockwood and Ned held George.

   Quill Kipps came back with the pillowcases that we used to get down the stairs. Shoot shoot shoot! I thought as we weeny ones thrashed and kicked. None of us got free. They covered our mouths with their enormous hands while Quill handed them each a pillowcase. They shoved us in the cases like sacks of  potatoes in a supermarket!

   They tied the cases and threw us into a car. Someone climbed in with us and hit me with something. Hard. I got swallowed in the

     Tsunami

           Of

                  Blackness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 445