Parenting Practice Part 13

Lockwood's POV

   "Lockwood?" I hear a gentle, feminine voice ask. "Lockwood? Are you awake?" She repeats.

   Lucy. I try to open my eyes, only to find I'm to tired to. I get hit by the bitter smell of disinfectant wipes and disinfectant soap. My nostril hairs burn from the foul smell I was never fond of.

   "I think he's waking up!" An exciting new voice says, probably talking about me.

   I finally open my eyes to a cute little sight. A little blond boy, with cute chubby cheeks, and oversized wire-rimmed glasses. The other person was a petite little girl, with long, straight brown hair. Her brown eyes shone when I looked into them, a little happy grin displayed on her full, pink lips. They had children clothes on, and so did I. In other words, I saw a cute little girl besides my bed. My friends.

   "Lockwood!" Lucy and George both squealed as they hugged me. "You get to come home now!"

   "Hey! Stop that." Lucy sneered at George, outing her hands on her thin hips.

   "Hey! You stop." He said, copying her movements.

  "Save the fight till we get home." I said. "I want to get home, I'm tired, and I haven't had expresso in so long!" I said, being dramatically exasperated in that last part.

   "Whatever. And Lockwood," George added,"You're too obsessed with expresso!" He said, clearly having trouble keeping a straight face as we made our way to check out of the hospital. We call a cabbie to take us back home, to 35 Portland row.

Lucy's POV.

  I know you are sick of hearing this, conscience, bu-
OF COURSE I AM TIRED OF YOU SAYING THAT YOU HATE BEING SMALL!
I flinch. Dang! I have a strong conscience. Hopefully  Lockwood and George don't see. We are sitting in the leather seats of a cab, George on my left , Lockwood right. Still, sitting down, they both are taller than me.

   "Luce, are you okay? I saw you flinch, and..." he trailed off. He was so handsome, even for a little child. He still had that curly black hair, emerald green eyes, shining brighter than the sun.

  "Hmm? Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just a bit lost in thoughts. I was wondering, what will happen when we get a case?" I asked, getting sucked into the pit of worry.

   "Well, I personally don't think that we fit the Fittes manual, so I think we must decline the cases. Sad, we are finally getting some publicity!" Lockwood answered thoughtfully. We finally got home, and Lockwood didn't forget his key, thankfully. We walk inside, our house the mess we left it. The blankets leftover from the 'sleep over' are still in position.

   "Are we still sleeping in here? Because if we are are, we need to get Lucy a stuffy." George snicker from behind me. I kicked him in the shin, not even looking back to guide my foot. He howled but I just collapsed on the pile of blankets. I got consumed in the warmth of sleep.

   Lockwood's POV

  Lucy is so cute when she sleeps. No, don't think like that, Lockwood. She would never feel the same. She's to good for you, those beautiful brown eyes, those-NO! Stop it, she doesn't like you back. I had a mental argument with myself as I lay next to Lucy. I hear a snap of a camera as well as a flash. George is standing in the doorway, but I don't bother go wipe the grin off his face, too tired for that. I fall asleep, with my arm around Luce's waist. I'm going to do it, I will. I'm going to tell Lucy how I feel!