Ch. ~1~

The Witch & The Werewolf

Ch. ~1~

[The Witch]

~Danniella~

"Danni!" Liz yelled.

"What?" I asked knowing I had got caught staring, again.

"You are so weird." She muttered rolling her eyes.

We were sitting on my balcony watching the Were's got to school. Well she was I was just staring at the lake watching th waves come and go.

"Says the witch who thought it would be cool to see what happens if she set her hair on fire."

"Its not like you weren't there to drown me after. I had to wait 2 days before I could use my powers again, Danni."

"I said I was sorry and besides you know what happens to my powers every full moon."

"Yea, like I said you are so weird."

I just shook my head and looked back at the lake.

My name is Daniella Ramirez and I am a Water Witch. Yea, I know I sound crazy but its the truth. I am 16 years old and I have only one friend, Liz. Who is, if you haven't guessed it already, a Fire Witch.

Our friendship is odd because, well fire and water are no compatible but she is the bestfriend anyone could ask for.

We don't go to school because according to the king our brains are not capable of understanding anything. So only the Were's go to school and only boys actually graduate because the females have to have as many babies as they can before they turn 18. Any witch that sets foot on school grounds will be sent to the dungeon for however long the king sees fit.

Personally I think the king has a stick up his ass but no one can say anything to him without it being called treason. So Liz and I sit out here on my balcony and watch the Were's go to school. Its either this or we work on new spells but since we blew up the kitchen yesterday we have to stay upstairs.

I sighed and rubbed the birthmark on the inside of my wrist. It is in the shape of the moon and my parents say it will give me great power when I get older.

[The Werewolf]

~Farron~

School is pointless for me. I know all of this anyway. So why bother? Father says that to be a good king you need to act like a normal Were. Bloody hypocrite.

I sighed and turned my attention from the history of our kind to the window. 'She' is there with her friend sitting on her balcony watching like they always do. Something about 'her' intrigues me. 'Her' hair is pitch black and makes her skin look even paler. Her eyes are the oddest green color I have ever seen and yet it all just makes her even more beautiful. But 'she' is a Witch so having these thoughts it wrong, especially for the future King.

My name is Farron Aarrons and I am the future king. I don't want to be king, I'm only 17 but its wither this or disappoint my father to the point that he exiles me. The only good thing about being king would be to put an end to these laws against the Witches. They have done nothing that I am aware of and I see no reason to punish them for nothing.

I think my father made the laws in fear that they could over rule us. I have never met a Witch before but I see no reason to fear them, if they had wanted to over rule us they could have before. But they haven't, they have tried to live in peace with us but my father refuses to see that.

He is afraid especially of the Ramirez Witches. He says that there is one with the mark of the moon that will be the downfall of our kind if we are not careful.

He says that the full moon gives her extraordinary powers that she has yet to control. But I wonder if my father actually listens to what he says or if there is a wall blocking the words from his ears.

This so call witch does not exist, she is myth.