The spot stayed resolutely still until I pulled up the hem of my shirt up to my bra line, and it faded away. "Chicken" I said, and paced the room, back and forth. Worried and more than a little scared.

Justin pounded on the door, but i stretched out on my bed, put a pillow over my face, and pretended not to hear him.

Dusk came, pulling a blue gauze over the sky. Justin was just coming out of Micheal's bedroom. Still looking for someone he wasn't going to find.

"Micheal!" I yelled from my end, and felt the cold settle around me like an icy blanket. Justin spun around, and felt the mist gather, thick and heavy, and I actually saw it, a faint grey shape in the air.

Eve's door flew open. "What the hell is going on around here?" She yelled. "Could you guys keep it down to aircraft carrier noise?"

And then Micheal just appeared. Midway between all three of us, forming right out of a grey heavy mist, taking on colour and weight. Eve screamed.

Micheal collapsed in his hands and knees, retching. He fell on his side, rolled over to stare up at the ceiling.

"Shit!" He gasped, and just stayed there, fighting for breath. His eyes looked wet and terrified, and I realised it was like this everyday for him.

I looked down the hall at Justin. He was frozen in place, mouth open, looking like a cartoon. Eve, too, form her angle.

I walked over, held out my hand to Micheal, and said, "Well, I guess that settles things"

He gave me a filthy, wordless look, and took my hand to pull himself up. He staggered and leant against the wall for support, shaking his head when I tried to help.

"In a minute." He said. "Takes a lot out of you"

Eve said in a high, squeaky, airless voice, "the ghost! You're he ghost Miranda was talking about! Oh my god, Micheal, you're the ghost! You bastard!"

He nodded, still concentrating on breath. Eve got control of her voice and squealed. "That is is without a doubt the coolest damn thing I ever have seen in my entire life!"

Justin looked...pale. And shaken. Micheal met his eyes, and the two of them looked at each other for a long, silent second before Justin said, "This is why you asked me to come back"

"I-" Micheal coughed. When he sagged this time, Eve threw his arm around her shoulders. He looked surprised, then pleased. "Not just because-"

"I get it" Justin said. "I get it, man. I do. What the hell happened while I was gone?"

Micheal just shook his head. "Later"

No, it wasn't that Justin was pissed off after all, I realised. He turned away and pounded down the stairs before I could say anything, but I'd seen his eyes. I knew.

He lost Jazzy, now he thinks he's lost Micheal too. I didn't know how that felt, but I could imagine. I'd never really lost anybody, not even a grandparent.

"Ana" Micheal said. "Don't let him leave" I nodded and left Eve supporting Micheal in the hallway.

Justin was standing downstairs, just standing. Not paying much attention to me or anything else. I reached out, ready to tap him on the shoulder, let him know I was here even if I was no help at all, but just then, there was a knock at the door.

"I swear to god, if that's Miranda-" he grated. His fists were clenched at his sides.

"No, I think it's for me" I said, and darted around him to run down the hallway. I checked the peephole first, and sure enough, there was Oliver standing on the doorstep and looking uncomfortable. I unlocked the door and swung it open.