Back Home

(Your POV)

Ah, the holiday break at last. The Hogwarts express merrily blew smoke at students passing by as if telling them that they should board. Not wanting to be one of the last people on, I scrambled to an entrance and started walking down the aisle. My baggage hit me on the leg a couple times reminding me of when I first tripped and fell into the twins. What was that, 4 months ago? It seemed like so much longer.

I saw the familiar sight of a red head bobbing between the people in line for the sweet cart. With a sigh I called out to the pig-faced Ronald Weasley.

With a mouth full of sweets he turned towards me and grinned, some jellybeans falling out of his mouth in the process. I shook my head disappointedly. Was he ever going to learn his manners? I guess that was a dream too far away for anyone to reach.

"Where's the compartment?" I asked.

He tilted his head in the direction I assumed was our compartment. Now a simple tilt of the head didn't give me all the information I needed, so I waited for him to finish his candy, which took longer than expected.

"Could you just hurry up already, Ron?"

He tried to open his mouth and respond, but he currently had taffy in it so it acted like glue.

"You know what, I'm just going to find it myself, and I'm going to have a talk to whoever gave you that much money to buy candy with."

Once again he tried to speak, but I had already started walking down the aisle.

I peeked into every compartment I passed, but still couldn't find what was left of the trio.

"Oi! Y/N," a person called, causing me to turn towards them. A certain Weasley was coming towards me. "How's it goin', love?"

"Still have that nickname for me, do you?"

"I decided to try it out again. Who're you looking for?"

"Well I was looking for Harry and Hermione, but I can't seem to find them."

"I know where they are, but you could also come sit with your boyfriend and I," there was a hint of spitefulness kn his voice, but I decided to let it go.

I thought for a moment, "I suppose it couldn't hurt sitting with you two goofballs for a little while, but I promised Hermione and Harry i would sit with them at some point."

"That's good enough for me," Fred spoke again. "Follow me—love," he added.

"Watch it Freddie boy," I challenged.

"Freddie boy," he quirked his head, "that's new."

A few moments of walking later we had arrived at the twin's compartment.

Once the door slid open George started saying, "oh, you're back Freddie, took you a while."

"Yeah, but I brought you an early Christmas present."

George looked up to see me and smiled. "Well hello princess, what brings you here?"

I couldn't help but smile at my pet name, "just found poor Fred here wandering aimlessly about and decided to return him to his natural environment."

"As if," Fred snorted. "She was the lost one and I brought her here."

"Ok, maybe Fred's story has a little more truth in it, but I like mine better," I said, sliding into the seat next to George.

He quickly kissed my brow and we all started talking.

Some time later I decided it was time to go to the other compartment.

"Fred, could you take me to the trio's compartment?"

"Sure," he said, smiling hesitantly, causing me to realize George might be jealous.

"You're fine with it, right George?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason. Well come on then Freddie boy."

Fred brought me to the trio's compartment, which I had somehow not seen even though I had wandered through that area multiple times. I'm a Hufflepuff, aren't I supposed to be able to find things?

"Thank you Fred, see you later I suppose?"

"Yup. See you soon, love," he said, before wandering back the way he came.

I sidled into the compartment and the trio momentarily stopped talking.

"There you are!" Hermione exclaimed. "I told you she'd be here soon," she said to Harry.

"Well I'm sure she was with her boyfriend so I didn't know," Harry spat back.

"Well, I'm here now, so it doesn't matter," I cut in.

"Fair enough," the two responded before normal conversation started again.

~~~

A couple hours later the Hogwarts Express had delivered its passengers back to Kings Cross Station.

I said goodbye to the trio, and told Ron I'd see him in a few days. After that, I went to bid farewell to the Twins.

"Goodbye princess," George said, before quickly pecking me on the lips. "See you in a few days."

"Goodbye Y/N," was all Fred said before the two walked away to find the rest of their family.

"Wait! George!" I called quickly. "Let me introduce you to my parents!"

He jogged back and I introduced him to my mum and dad.

The ride back to my house was lovely. My parents told me how sweet they thought George was, and to top it all off, it was snowing!

I could tell these holidays were going to be good.