Awkward

A/N: sorry for slow updates, I don't really have an excuse. I know where I want the story to go, it's just taking a while to get there. It'll start picking up soon.
~~~

(Your POV)

When George and I officially told people we were a couple, no one seemed that surprised. I don't know if I was assuming it would come as a shock to all, or what. I was pretty sure some people thought we had been dating already. That didn't stop rumors from flying though.

I swore I heard people saying 'I thought she was with Fred' or 'what about Ron'. I guess my subconscious mind had already somehow known that they had liked me. I assumed, at least for Ron that it was some childish crush based upon the fact that we were friends. Fred, he was a different story. I had never fully forgiven him for the love potion incident. I don't know why he had liked me, if he ever did, it was kind of an assumption.

Luckily, most of the comments were along the lines of 'they look cute together' or 'finally'. Then, of course, there was going to be that person that picked on you no matter what. Malfoy.

"Weasley's with a [L/N], now? I suppose once they get married and have children they'll all have hand me down robes and red hair. Not to mention the fact that they'll be— half-bloods. But blood-traitors don't worry about marrying a non-pure blood. They just get their hands on whatever piece of wizarding garbage they can."

"Now listen here Malfoy—" George started.

"George, let me," I gave him a reassuring smile. "Malfoy, pleasure as always I see. Haven't seen you in a while. Now I don't know if it's because you were busy doing death-eater stuff or sucking dick. Don't think everyone hasn't noticed the fact that you're so obviously gay - not that that's a bad thing." He stuttered for a second, his eyes wide, mouth hanging open. "Pleasure talking to you again," I said as I led George away.

"That was bloody brilliant, [Y/N]!" He said, laughing. "You really told that git off!"

"Thanks," I said shyly.

"Can't believe you're getting all shy on me now," he joked. "We've been friends forever and now that we start dating you decide to become all quiet."

"Am not," I said, playfully punching his arm.

"Now there's the girl I fell in love with."

I stared at him with wide eyes.

"What? I just said 'there's the girl I fell in lo- ohhh," his cheeks went red. "Just ignore what I said, I didn't mean to. Bloody hell I'm sorry. That was probably way too soon. I shouldn't have said anything. Don't mind me," he turned to walk away from me.

"Wait- George," I called after him. "Don't be sorry, it wasn't too soon," but I didn't think I could work up the courage to say the same thing to him.

"That's good," he sighed, but I'm pretty sure he was expecting me to say it back to him.

"So," I said, changing the topic, "we're going to your house for the break right?"

"Only if you want."

"Of course I want to! You have to introduce me to your mom as your girlfriend! I bet she thinks Ron and I are secretly dating or something!"

"Well we can't have her thinking that, now can we?" George kissed me on my temple.

"And I would love to have one of those Weasley sweaters. If I don't get one for myself I just might have to wear yours."

"In your dreams."

"Ohh that's where you're wrong Georgie, the only place I'd be wearing a Weasley sweater is in your dreams."

We both started cracking up.

"Then maybe I should purposely tell her not to make you one so you can wear mine."

"Ok my question is, will it have a G for George on it, or a F for Feorge?"

George had told me the story of Fred saying 'we know our own names, I'm Gred and he's Feorge' back in first year. Sadly, I wasn't in the room to witness it.

"It'll have a G on it, because I don't know if I could stand seeing you in my brother's sweater."

"Is someone getting jealous?" I teased.

"Of course not!"

"Sure."

"It's getting late, dinner is going to be served soon. Besides I want to talk to you in the Gryffindor Common Room before you have to go back to the Hufflepuff Common Room for curfew."

"Sorry to burst your bubble Romeo, but I told Hermione that after dinner we could study in the library. You'd be more than welcome to join us."

"I'll pass," George replied, which is of course what I was expecting.

"Good. Now you can spend some time with your lonesome brother who's barely seen you today."

"He saw me this morning!"

"You guys could barely stay apart from each other for a day!"

"Whatever."

"Let's go get dinner, I'm starved."