The First Snow of Winter

A/N: Sorry this chapter took me so long to write. I'm so glad some of you guys are still reading and are so patient with me.

The next day I finish Mark's crutches. I bring them inside to a still sleeping Mark on the couch. He has bathed and changed since yesterday. I lay the crutches on the wall next to him and sit in front of the fire. It's another cold day. It must be about December now. I've lost track of the days. I grab the book I've been reading off the hearth and continue reading where I left off. Three or four chapters later, Mark starts to rouse from his sleep. He's actually rather cute when he's sleepy.
Mark opens his eyes and is startled by the fact that I am in front of him.

Mark: "Good morning."

"Morning"

Mark: "What time is it?"

I look at the clock above the fire place.

"Almost 9"

Mark glances over to the make-shift crutches I made for him. He seems puzzled and a little alarmed.

Mark: "Where did you get those?"

"I made them for you. You can't sit on your ass all day now, can you?"

Mark: "You made them?"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

Mark grabs ahold of them, one in each hand and forces himself up.

"They might be a little short but-"

Mark: "Thank You (Y/N)! Thank you so much!"

"Oh, okay, chill out dude. It's fine."

He was so excited. I hope that they don't break. He puts them under his arms and starts swinging around. I've never seen him so happy before. I giggle quietly to myself. He makes his way to the bathroom and I start folding the blankets on the couch and place them on the chair across the living room. I toss another log on the fire. It's freezing in here even with the fire going. Mark comes back out of the bathroom and starts rummaging through the fridge.

Mark: "What do you want for breakfast (Y/N)?"

"Whatever you're cooking is fine with me."

Mark: "All right-a-roni!"

My face twist into a confused yet intriguing look of amusement.

"Well, you seem awfully chipper today."

Mark scoffs and starts cooking us a big tasty breakfast. I lean up against the counter and watch him as he cooks. I glance down at his arms and look over his tattoos.

Mark: "You like them?"

I blush as I realize he just caught me staring at him.

"Oh, uh yeah, I mean, they're certainly interesting to say the least."

Mark: "Good interesting or...?"

"GOOD! I mean, you're cool. I mean they're cool not... ummm, I don't even know what I'm trying to say."

I am dying of embarrassment on the inside and I'm sure he noticed because he started laughing.

I look away from him and look out the window. A small blur of a snowflake stuck itself to the glass. Soon, more snowflakes follow and it begins to snow.

"Mark! It's snowing!"

Mark peers up to the window and a big smile is plastered to his face like I just told a kid we were going to Disney World. He makes his way past me on his crutches.

"What are you doing?"

Mark: "Going to put on some warm clothes!"

"What about breakfast!?"

Mark: "It can wait can't it?"

I roll my eyes and smile.

What a big kid.

I turn off the stove and take what breakfast was done, out of the skillet.

Mark: "COME ON (Y/N)! GET DRESSED!"

"Alright, alright, I'm coming."