Entertainment pt.2

This could be my only chance to escape.

As I think about my options Mark opens his case and pulles out an acoustic guitar.

Mark: "Take a seat (Y/N)."

I hesitantly take a seat on the opposite side of the couch.

Mark: "Just tap your foot like this."

He taps his foot to a steady beat, counts to four, and repeats. I tap my foot along with him and he starts strumming the stings of the guitar. I recognize the melody but can't place the name of the song. I sneek glances every once in a while towards the front door.

Even though my wrist are tied together, I should at least try to get away. I won't be able to swim to shore but maybe I could find a place to hide. I think I could climb a tree if I need to. He's not looking and he's distracted. It's now or never.

My heart starts racing and I feel like I'm going to be ill from the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I spring up from the couch and dart towards the door. I grab the handle and twist and tug at it desperately but the door doesn't budge. My heart drops and I feel a hard grip on my left shoulder. He flings me around and shoves me into the wall, pinning me there with his right hand. I keep my head down and clamp my eyes shut expecting him to hit me.

Dark: "DID YOU SERIOUSLY BELIEVE YOU COULD GET AWAY FROM ME?! DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD LEAVE THE DOOR UNLOCKED? YOU MUST BE STUPIDER THAN I THOUGHT."

His other hand grabs me around my throat and I instinctively try to claw at his hand to get free. I look up at him and can't believe what I see before me. Mark's eyes are completely black and has dark shadows around them. I'm shocked to the very core and I can't move, speak, or even look away from his pitch black soulless eyes. He lifts me off the ground by my throat and I gasp for air.

Dark: "I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU WHEN YOU FIRST STUMBLED ACROSS THIS PLACE BUT NO! LITTLE PANSY MARK WAS LIKE "NOOOO, NOT AGAIN, YOU CAN'T JUST GO AROUND KILLING PEOPLE." WHAT A CANDY-ASS CHICKEN SHIT. I'LL FINISH THIS NOW."

His grip tightens and my vision begins to darken. I feel like I'm going to pass out when suddenly he drops me. I cough and inhale as much air as I could fill my lungs with. He crouches down beside me and grabs a fist full of my hair and yanks it back so I'm eye to eye with him again.

Dark: "You better be glad that Mark is a good guy because I will kill you next time. Got it?"

I stare into his eyes as they slowly fade into there natural colors again. His firm grip on my hair loosens immediately and he looks at me almost as terrified as I am.

Mark: "(Y/N), I'm so sorry. I told you not to try to run away. I convinced him not to kill you the first time, when he hit you with that shovel, but I don't thing I can persuade him not to if you try to run away again."

"What the hell was that?!"

I bring my hands up to my swollen bruised neck and touch it. The pain causes me to flinch and little tears form in the corners of my eyes. Mark looks at me with a regretful and concerned look.

Mark: "It's a long story."

"I've got all the time in the world."