Gone Fishing

The next morning I got up earlier than usual. I need to get some things done today. I'm going to go grab some more wood from that tree and try to make Mark some crutches. I know a little bit about woodworking from work shop class in school. I get dressed in warm clothes and tip-toe out into the living room. Mark is fast asleep on the couch, bundled up in blankets. The fire is dying out so I toss a few more logs on it before I leave. I grab the axe from the side of the cabin and follow the path back to the tree. It's harder than I thought to cut through the tree. I chop off a piece that's a little shorter than men. This should be plenty tall enough for Mark. I tried to pick it up but realized that rolling it back to the cabin would be easier. It takes me about an hour to get it behind the cabin where Mark had some tools in a make-shift shed. After what seems like several hours, I take a break and notice the sun is up. I'd better go fishing now before it gets too late. Grabbing Mark's fishing pole, I head down to the water to try to catch us some dinner. It's so cold outside and my lips are chaping. I sit on the rocks by the water while I hope for some fish to take the bait. My mind wanders as the cold nips at my nose.

I wonder how Mark is. I hope his leg heals quickly. What kind of life is in store for me now? This is definitely not what I had in mind when I ran away.

A tugging on the fishing line brings me back to reality. I quickly reel it in and pull the fish from the water. Cast after cast I reel in fish just about each time. Six fish later I call it a day and begin my walk back up to the cabin. I get to the cabin door and hear a loud bang of something falling. Without warning, the door is yanked open. In the door way stood Dark in nothing but his red underwear, looking furious with his teeth bared. Shocked, I take a step back and nearly fall over but his hand reaches out and grabbes the collar of my jacket. He pulls me inside and slams me into the wall.

Dark: "WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?"

"Woah, woah, woah, I was just out fishing. You shouldn't be standing up."

He seemed confused as he tilts his head a little and his face softens.

Dark: "Fishing?"

"Yeah, Mark said we needed to go fishing but since he got hurt, I went by myself."

Dark releases his grip on me and limps back to the couch.

The room is torn apart and things are all over the floor. No doubt from Dark's rage.

Dark: "(Y/N), you can't just go out by yourself. There are demons looking for me. They won't hesitate to kill you or me for that matter. It's not safe for you to go anywhere without me."

I stand there against the wall in partial disbelief. Dark actually sound worried about my safety.

"This coming from the demon that tried to kill me not once but twice."

He sighs and plopps himself down on the couch.

Dark: "Don't expect an apology or something."

I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen to put the fish in the fridge.

"I won't."

I come back into the living room and see that Dark has left and Mark is looking around the room.

Mark: "Well he certainly made a mess didn't he?"

"Don't worry, I'll clean it up. I caught some fish today."

Mark: "I saw. You must be quite the fisher."