three

**Authors Note**

Thank you guys so much for all your support and sweet comments! I'm happy you guys like my story so far. Please vote if you like what you read and follow me on wattpad for updates and more stories!

By the way, I wont compare Tiffany to a celebrity or a public figure, I want her to be a creation of your own mind. Make her someone you relate to! The possibilities are limitless, Tiffany is anyone you want her to be.

***

"We need to talk."

I've never heard Harry's voice so deep. Being in this small room with Harry was scary, I don't know what he needed to talk to me about considering we only met a few days ago. I stood there frozen, his eyes blazing into mine. I tried to speak, but I couldn't. I wish I had enough courage to just walk out the door and leave Harry here by himself, but I didn't think he was the type of guy to let that slide.

After what seemed like hours in the tiny closet, I finally cleared my throat and spoke up.

"T-talk? About what?" I couldn't help my voice from shaking, I almost spoke in a whisper.

"I just...I wanted to apologize for the other night." He crossed his arms across his chest as he spoke.

Apologize? This was definitely not what I was expecting from him.

"I feel really bad for just walking out like that. I had a lot of alcohol in me and I knew I wasn't going to be making good decisions."

What the hell is he talking about?

"What do you mean, 'good decisions'?" I was so confused by this conversation, he wasn't making any sense to me.

"You were very...intriguing the other night. You had everyone's attention." He stared down at his feet, almost embarrassed by his statement.

I still didn't understand what he was saying. How did I have everyone's attention? It's not like I got up on the table and started stripping. I was acting completely normal, I didn't think that I had anyone's attention.

Harry rolled his eyes, clearly impatient.

"Tiffany, what I'm trying to say is that you were looking...incredibly sexy that night. You didn't notice all those creepy guys sitting at the bar staring at you? I'm surprised one of them didn't try to take you home."

I finally understood.

"Oh..." I whispered, embarrassed that I hadn't caught on sooner.

Wait, he thinks I looked sexy? I couldn't stop the blush from forming onto my cheeks - I hope he couldn't notice.

"Um...yeah. I knew I was drunk and I didn't want to...um...come onto you. I want us to have a professional relationship. I guess I just handled it the wrong way, I'm sorry I just walked out without an explanation. I was being a drunk dick." He couldn't look me in the eyes. I guess I'm not the only one embarrassed by this conversation.

He's really cute when he gets all shy and embarrassed. It made me just want to wrap my arms around him and tell him 'it's alright', but I knew that wouldn't be acceptable.

"It's alright, Harry. I just thought you didn't like me..."

He lifted his head up to reveal the smirk plastered on his lips.

"Quite the opposite, actually."

The heat rose back up to my cheeks. I really hope the closet light was dim enough to hide the color on my cheeks.

"I promise, I'll stop being weird around you." He smiled as he lifted his pinky to me. "I pinky promise you, Tiffany."

I couldn't help but giggle. He is such a five year old. I raised my pinky to his and he grabbed it as he made his promise to me. That was the first time we've touched.

He led me out of the closet down towards where Lou and the other boys were.

"Where the hell have you been, Harold?" Niall yelled as we entered the room. He was sitting on the counter on his phone while Louis sat in a seat getting his hair trimmed by Lou while Lux was playing in the corner with her stuffed animals.

"I was just giving Tiffany a tour of the arena." Harry turned to me and gave me a wink before he continued walking up to the counter.

"Um...yeah." I felt really uncomfortable all of a sudden. I didn't know where to stand or what to do. It's like everyone else knew their place and I was just...there. I stood awkwardly for a few minutes, watching Lou's techniques. I could feel Harry's eyes on me again, which made me even more uncomfortable. I could tell that his eyes were raking up and down my body. I wish he would just piss off, this was my workplace.

"Darling, can you start on Niall?" Lou finally spoke up, I was happy to finally do something.

"Yeah of course." I snapped at Niall to get his attention. "You're turn, babe." I said with a flirty wink.

I immediately regretted saying that as soon as I saw Harry's glare. He looked furious. I don't understand why, I was just playing around. Maybe that's why he's furious - this is my workplace. Harry expects me to be professional here and I was immature by saying that. That's why he's mad, right?

I couldn't concentrate on cutting Niall's hair, not with Harry right in front of me. He was sitting back on the counter with his back against the mirror, his long legs dangling off the edge of the granite. He had his phone out in front of him but I knew he wasn't looking at it - he was looking at me.

I was usually great at doing hair, it was my passion. Usually when I worked on someone, they had all my attention. I would trim carefully and skillfully all while making polite conversation with the client. I would be in my element. Except, I couldn't do any of that because I was being glared at by the curly haired boy just a few feet away from me. I kept dropping my comb and every time I would have to walk over to the counter that Harry was sitting at to pick up a new one. It was embarrassing - I just couldn't concentrate.

What a terrible first impression. Here I am on the first day of work doing a simple task and I can't even get it right. My hands were shaking and my heart was racing. This would be a lot easier if Harry wasn't here. I don't like being watched. He probably thinks I'm a terrible hair dresser. He's probably sitting there wondering why I even got the job. His eyes finally started to soften halfway through my task and I even saw him smile a few times when I made a silly mistake. At least Lou didn't seem to mind my mistakes.

"Alright, darling, you did a fine job. We'll finish up the rest of the boys after our lunch break. Ready for some lunch, sweet?" Lou spoke to her daughter.

"Yes yes yes!" The little girl ran out of the room. She was the cutest.

Lunch? This day has really flown by fast. What was I even going to do for lunch? Do we all sit together in a break room or something? Or does everyone go there separate ways and meet back later? Here we go again - I don't know what to do, where to go or who to talk to.

Lou, Niall and Louis all dashed out of the dressing room as soon as break was announced. I wish one of the would've told me what to do, now I'm stuck here in the dressing room pretending to be busy cleaning up. Harry left the room slower than the rest. He slid off the counter and made his away across the room to the door, lingering there a bit before he turned around and spoke to me. "You have no idea what to do, do you?"

I looked up, meeting his eyes in the mirror. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest. I opened my mouth but I couldn't speak, once again, I really hoped this wasn't becoming a habit around him. I couldn't help it - he was intimidating. I don't think he was even trying to be, his facial expressions were soft and humorous but his body language was strong and guarded.

"I was going to a deli down the street, join me?"

I wanted to say no. Not even no, but hell no. I couldn't speak to him without my palms getting sweaty, let alone eat with him. But it was either lunch with Harry or cleaning the dressing room. I decided to go with the first option.

I nodded and followed him out the doors of the O2.