Water Beast

~~~☆Recap☆~~~

Clarke: “There’s no river on the map. We’re going the wrong way.”

Finn steps up behind her, pointing across the river to something.

Finn: “No, we’re not.”

Clarke sees a man-made structure, the wreckage of one anyway, above the trees on the horizon. Still too far away to be sure, but possibly an old guard tower.

Clarke: “…Mount Weather.”

She spins excitedly, her smile melting at the sight of Finn’s rather amazing physique. She peels off her shirt, too. At that moment, Jasper, about to jump, suddenly freezes, gripped by fear.

Jasper: “…Octavia, get out of the water!! Now!!!”

All eyes shoot to the river where a long dark shadow is rocketing toward Octavia. We cannot see what it is. Could be a croc. Or a giant snake. Of course, it’s possible that a hundred years marinating in radiation has created something else entirely. Whatever it is, it’s fast, it’s aggressive, and it’s hungry. Before Octavia can react, the creature strikes, violently taking her under and dragging her away.

~~~☆The River☆~~~
~~~☆Dusk☆~~~
~~~☆Willow Trikova P.O.V☆~~~

When I get to the group I look into the water where they are looking. Some unseen beast drags Octavia away. Fighting wildly, she breaks the surface and I hear her screaming, before being sucked back down.

Clarke, Finn, Monty, and Jasper race along the river’s edge, 15 feet above, desperate to keep her in sight.

Monty: “What the hell is that? We have to help her. What are you gonna do?!”

Before anyone can venture a guess, Finn makes a decision. He’s going in after her. Clarke grabs his arm.

“I need to do something. She is going to die. What can I do.”

I see a dead tree next to the edge of the river. I jump to it, ready to push it down to distract whatever it is that’s in the water.

Clarke: “Finn, no! What are you gonna do?!”

Finn: “Try not to get eaten.”

With that, he jumps. The moment he splashes down, the shadow releases Octavia and whips around to check out the threat.

I get to the tree and wait to see if what they did distracted it enough to save her.

Jasper: “Octavia, now!! Get to the edge!!”

Clarke: “Finn, it’s coming! Get out!!”

Finn hears this and rushes back through the water, pulling himself up onto a lower bank just in time.

The shadow darts instantly back to its meal, carrying Octavia away even faster now. In seconds, she’ll be gone.

I take off my backpacks and place them on a branch close to the ground, but up enough so they are out of sight. I pull myself up on a strong branch that is next to the dead tree. I push the tree over and over until I hear the roots being pulled up and out of the ground. I drop to the ground and land near the base of the tree. I push wish all my weight and swish the large tree back and forth in the water. It distracts it, but doesn’t let go of Octavia.