....and the rituals begin!

As the small two families entered the temple, the music of the bells filled their ears. After a little recitation of hymns, the rings were exchanged and Raghav and Maithili, Lakshman and Urmila were "Officially engaged" !

The invitations are ready! Said Janak as he and Dashrath brought the huge bundle of invitations for marriage. Maithili stepped forward, filled her fingers with the 'kumkum' and turmeric and cleanly decorated the first invitation. Walking shyly towards Raghav, she handed him the invitation and really slowly whispered...welcome to your wife's wedding with you!...

Beautiful was the invitation. A brown background with golden stone studded border and writings in gold. The names were enlarged and a spark of radiant light made its way from the names, providing a touch of divinity.

~~~~~~Mehndi Ceremony!!~~~~~~

We have hired a Marwadi for the brides...Sunaina explained to Kausalya. Is she good? Kausalya asked, wanting her daughter in law's Mehndi to be perfect . Yes...she is too good...commented Sunaina.

In Maithili's room

With her long plaited hairs, a traditional looking Kurtha and leggings, Maithili sat on her bed, looking at the strange looking woman. As she closed the door, she came on the bed and signalled her to show her feet. As she did the same, Maithili wondered why she didn't speak at all! Indeed she was strange....

To fix the position, the woman touched Maithili's foot. But the touch made her go through vivid emotions... It was a really familiar touch... Have we met before...? She asked the woman who still wasn't opening her pallu of her face. Maithili herd a little smirk...and decided to keep quiet. But the whole session of Mehndi application was magical for her.... The was her fingers caressed her skin....she felt wired and took a closer look. If u don't reveal your face to me, I will not apply Mehndi to my hands...she 'babified' her tone. A laugh...not of the woman but of .....Raghav! After having a really good laugh, Raghav ruffeled his hairs which had stood idle since long. Raghav!! What on earth are you doin.... Before she could continue, he held his fingers on her lips...shhhh... No body knows I'm here.... I have been practicing from one month you know.... And see...here's my presentation...he said grandly looking into her eyes. You...you practiceed Mehndi designing for one month!? Really!? She started laughing and when it seemed to become endless, he locked her lips with his....

After two hours

Maithili are you done? Sunaina called from the door. As a shy Maithili came out, so did the 'woman' with her pallu on her head again!

Wow! Kausalya exclaimed as she took Maithili's hand carefully...this is so beautiful!!! What is your fees talented lady!!? She excitedly asked, ready to pay any amount... Raghav, faking his voice smartly said... I don't need any fee... I just want to bless your daughter in law to the core.... Aww...the family exclaimed...you certainly have by applying this wonderful design...Sunaina said. As Raghav...aka...the Mehndi woman gave a quick peck on the blushing beauty Maithili, Raghav came back from the door behind... Hey! He exclaimed...what's going on. And obviously, Maithili's expression was like..... Seriously...😒

After this cute session, every one got ready for the grand wedding!

I heartily welcome you all, my dearest friends and readers with this little invitation to the grand marriage ceremony of Raghav and Maithili... Hope you all would love to join!See you in the wedding hall!