Chapter Three

Eleanor gathered her things, it wasn't much. Just her regular clothes, shoes, and purse. The shopping bags Louis had. She wasn't feeling the best. She was exhausted, she should've listened to the doctors orders: get as much rest as possible. Her leg was aching and the bandages around her stitches wrist were bothering her. Which reminded her to change them once she got home.

Her mother had her belongings as Eleanor trudged and limped up the steps, wincing at every step to the bathroom. She rinsed off and tried her best to follow the instructions the doctor had given her to change the bandages. She couldn't wait to get them off. She sat on the closed toilet seat and started to wrap her wrist in the white cloth. She let out a breathe, "Finally." She took her crutches and walked across the hall to her room. She collapsed not he bed. She was now officially in pain, in every way possible. She broke her leg, she had stitches, the emotional pain she gets from the hate.

She lifted her leg the best she could and lay back. Four weeks of walking with a stiff cast. She was getting her stitches off in a week, they weren't that bad. Her phone vibrated on the desk, the screen read Lani. Lani was short for Alana, her best friend. "Hey Lani." Eleanor said through the phonem

"Hey, I heard what happened. You alright?" Alana said with sorry clear in her voice.

"Better than yesterday. I broke my leg and have a few stitches."

"What about the..." She trailed off, knowing she probably shouldn't it up now.

"That's getting worse." Eleanor's tone changed from somewhat okay to not okay. She only told Lani about the hate. One day Eleanor just blew up right in front of her after a long, depressing day.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"It's not your fault, you shouldn't be sorry."

Alana chuckled, "Can I stop by?"

"I guess so. I don't have anything to do."

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes. Bye."

"Bye."

*

Louis was leaving his grandparent's house, "Bye!" Louis said one last time before hopping into his car. He decided to stop by Eleanor's house. He really needed to talk to her. Louis changed his route to get to Eleanor's house.

He finally knew what had Eleanor so down. He did some "research" which was just another word for saying that he looked on her Twitter page and found everything he needed to know.

Louis wasn't mad at his fans, but more disappointed. He expected more. Louis expected respect and support from them.

*

Eleanor and Lani were chatting and laughing. Eleanor hadn't felt this way in a long time. "Thanks for coming, Lani. To be honest I feel so much better."

"You're welcome, El." Alana looked at her phone. "Oh god, I have to go. I'll see you later. Bye El!"

"Bye." She called after Lani. Right when she left her room Louis walked in. He waited until Lani closed the front door to speak. "Since you wouldn't tell me..." Louis started but was interrupted by Eleanor, "Oh no."

"I found out myself." He continued, "Why didn't you tell me Eleanor? I thought we told each other everything.

"We do! But...it was different this time. I didn't wanna tell you because...well it's kinda hard to explain." Louis raised his eyebrows. "Okay fine, I really didn't want you to think differently about your fans. They all love you and that's what's important."

"I know, Eleanor," he sat on her bed, "But you can't hid this. How I do I know you're not hurting yourself?"

I am, Eleanor thought guilty. "I'm not," she lied.

"I want you to tell me if you ever feel depressed. I wanna keep you safe, babe." Louis smiled. The corners of Eleanor's mouth slightly rose up, forming a small smile. It was a real smile, not a fake. She felt happy with Louis. And that's something that she hasn't felt in a while. A long while. Louis kissed her lips quickly, "I have to go. I'll see you later."

"Okay bye." Eleanor said.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She replied softly. She felt better. Better than she has in weeks, so did Louis. Knowing that he can protect her easier knowing the problem, but Eleanor knew it would come back eventually and she felt like she was near her breaking point.

A/N: this was short and sucky I'm sorry. But I have a lot planned for this story so just bare with me. :-)