Chapter 11

This chapter takes place while Shaak and Ahsoka are both in hyperspace, so neither Shaak or Ahsoka will be in it. This will be about the council, I hope you'll enjoy! 

 Master Yoda sat in his quarters, his eyes closed. As usual he was searching, thinking, his mind surfing the waves of the Force. The grandmaster groaned; no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find the answer he was looking for. Ever since Shaak Ti had left on meditative retreat earlier in the day, he had been like this, but still, he kept trying. Determined, the grand master again opened himself to the random currents and flows of the Force only for it to rebound back at him. His head throbbed with the effort he had put in and in every way he could think of, he was drained. He wasn't exactly desperate, but he was certainly eager. He needed something, anything. He had followed the Force's will with this plan; even loosening his stand on attachments to do it, but still nothing. There wasn't a hint of the outcome of all of this; instead, darkness. The Force was thick with it and it hung like a heavy duvet, covering everything; threatening, yet enticing at the same time. A chill rose up throughhis being and even with his control, hints of frustration broke out into hisotherwise calm persona. The Force had been his ally, his biggest advisor, fornot far off nine hundred years, but now nothing. Despite himself, he could nothelp but feel a touch aggrieved and betrayed. 

"Your servant, I have been.Followed this plan, I have, yet still you provide no answers. Begging you, Iam; need to know what to do next, I do." Yoda realised, as his prayerswent unanswered, that the Dark Side was so strong, strengthened even further byrecent events that his view of the future had all but disappeared. He had noidea what he could do about it and for the first time in his life, an air ofdread and foreboding welled up inside him, especially since he knew that therewas one for whom, after recent events, the darkness was more enticing thenever; Anakin Skywalker; The Chosen One. Like everyone, he'd sensed Anakin'sdemeanour. It was obvious that the council had now lost Anakin Skywalker andafter some thinking, Master Yoda knew why. It was Ahsoka; he now knew herimportance. One sentence that Shaak Ti had said to him among her story had toldYoda everything. Now Ahsoka was gone and with her, the Jedi Order. Withhindsight, the hints had always been there, Yoda realised. The young Togrutanhad always had some way to calm her master down. Whether it was with words orjust the fact that Anakin didn't want to teach his young apprenticeincorrectly, Yoda didn't know, but he knew that she had some kind of hold onAnakin's heart that not even Obi­-Wan Kenobi had. His thoughts turned to theyoung Padawan herself. He remembered her saying during her hearing that thedarkness clouded everything. At that time, to his eternal shame, he hadn'treally taken much notice. Their hands had been tied and it seemed that shecould be guilty; end of story, but now? After his attempts to see the outcomeof his plan, regret filled him as he realised she had been right after all. Howcould a young Padawan see the truth if the full council, himself included,couldn't? Why had he and his fellow councillors been so blind that theycouldn't see her innocence? Had the Jedi Order really been effected that muchby the rising darkness that was present in the Force?

Yoda shook his head andhis eyes dropped; he was in no doubt. In fact, he hadn't been in doubt of thatsince he had listened to Shaak's story of how she became pregnant with Ahsoka.One sentence was all it took for him to know that he had sat and watched while the Jedi Order had abandoned the will of the Force and it was a young, innocentgirl that had almost paid the price. Master Yoda sank and hopelessness filledhim; no wonder Ahsoka left. He had failed all of them. That was why he waswilling to push his plan. Yes it was dangerous; exceedingly, but there wasnothing to lose anymore, but the fact that he didn't truly know what theoutcome of his plan would be was troubling. Attachments; they'd been theweakness of Jedi for eons, but now Master Yoda realised the Force was changingbut the Jedi hadn't. That was why his plan was so essential yet so risky, butthere was no backing out now even though he had no idea what would reallyhappen. He had to prepare nevertheless.