Moving on.

Nandini's POV.

      ****No proof reading done****

     When i entered in my room I found Abhi waiting for me. Why is he here? I quickly wiped my tears for Abhi to not see them.

"Abhi? Kya hua? What are you doing here.?" I asked in a voice.

"Oh so now i need some proper reason to come in my best friends room, is it?"

"No Abhi its nothing like that. You can come here whenever you want to." I said smiling at him.

"Waise i do have a reason." He paused for a while and gestured me to sit. I did as he said.

"I know everything that is going on between you and Manik. I know what happened with Manik in his past and i know him walking away from you has depressed you to a certain extent, but that doesn't means you will stop talking to me and Navya. Amm's as well have been contacting me lately to check on you but i can't lie anymore to her Nandu. I feel whatever Manik did was wrong, but remembering the reason behind it makes it feel right. Nandini whatever he did is for your own betterment and you should move on from him. Its just what 5 to 6 days since you have known him right? I guess it could be very easily for you to get over him. You can never feel forever with a guy in 5 days."

            He is right. I can't sit over here cutting myself from the people who care about me. I have to take him out of my life. I should forget that we ever met. Abhimanyu is my friend and he is worried about me and he can never give me a wrong advice. And if it is for my own betterment, than i should thank Aiyappa for this. I looked at Abhi who seemed to hold a deep concern for me in his eyes. I plastered a smile on my face to let him know that i am perfectly fine.

"Thankyou Abhi for always being there for me."

"I shall take your leave now."

He replied with a smile. We shared a formal hug and he gave me brotherly kiss on my hair. We both again smiled at each other and he left. I went to the balcony for taking some fresh air. I saw Manik and Navya sitting in lawn talking. Manik is the last person who i want to think about so i shifted my eyes to those beautiful stars. They keep shining all the time like my fireflies. FIREFLIES. I completely forgot about where my happiness lies in. I jumped straight towards my cupboard and took the jar of my fireflies out. A bright smile appeared on my face. A real one. I carried the jar with me in the balcony with a mattress. I laid on that mattress with my fireflies watching the stars. It gives me peace, happiness and comfort. I felt happy, like really happy.

Manik's POV.

             I was sharing a cool conversation with Navya which leaded to Nandini and her b'day. I couldn't control myself and asked Navya about Nandini's likes and dislikes. She shared everything to me, like everything. I thought her to be a quite and reserved person, but she doesn't seem to shut her mouth. She possibly said me about each day which they have spent together. I mean how can someone speak this much? It is not annoying but its not pleasing as well. I tried every possible way to escape but she has actually made her mind to irritate me. I was quitely sitting there like a mannequin. It felt like ages since she has started talking. If she'd say one more word i will probably kill her. How does Nandini use to tolerate a walking radio? It felt like heaven when my phone ranged. It was Dhruv my saviour. I gestured Navya an excusing look.

"I love you Dhruv."

"Kya hua buddy? Are you alright?"

"Yes. Tell me phone kyun kiya?"

"Wo Soha the Poha baar baar phone kar k pareshan kar rhi hai"  i laughed my heart out when i heared that nick name given to Soha. She will be so embarrassed after knowing this awesome name given to her by our very own  Cabir.

"Are yaar. Don't reply to her messages and phone calls ok?"

"Okay, bye." He hanged the call.

"Haan Dhruv coming in five." I said loudly for escaping from Navya.

"See you Navya."

"Are lekin kahan jaa rhe ho."

"Dhruv has called. There is an urgent call from Mr.Khurrana so i need to go. Bye" I lied.

"Accha thik hai, bye."

         Despite of eating my half of the head, she was actually very useful. I got to know a lot about Nandini which will help me to plan her surprise. It's still just 10 surprise/gift that i have thought about. What will i do with the rest of 10? I will think about that later. I sighed and slept.

Nandini's POV.

           I woked up in the balcony itself. Navya to was beside me. It was cold, very cold. Navya was shivering so i covered her with a quilt. I was happy instead of sad. My eyes were shiny instead of swollen. The first thing i did was calling Amm's. After a good 15 min conversation we finally hunged up. I succeed in convincing her that there is nothing wrong with me. I got freshen up and changed myself into a crop top with a nice pair of jeans. I applied a bit of makeup, just a little bit. I decided to open my hair but Manik will think that i did all this because of he ordered me to do so. So i decided against it and tied my hair again in a braid. Fish tail one. I looked into mirror. I look happy, excited and less pathetic. I made a move towards the breakfast buffet where again i came across Manik. But this time i ignored him completely. After filling my plate with a bacon, some fruits and french toast i moved towards the table which was all vacant. How can everything will be as simple as you think Nandini? I saw Manik who was looking at me. He signaled me come and join him but i completely ignored him with a smirk. I joined a guy who was around the of 23 or something. He was handsome, like really handsome. Not more than Manik. My heart shouted and i shuted it up. I felt Manik's gase on me the complete 45mins of me and that new guy Shahid having breakfast. I looked twice at him in the middle and he was fuming with anger. This new guy seems to be very interesting which made our conversation so long. I was waiting for Manik to leave so that i can leave because i don't want to create a scene over here and looking at Manik who has now turned into monsterManik will no way going to leave me without speaking words. I saw him getting up from there. I sighed but than again, it's Manik i am talking about. He was coming towards us. I started shivering by his each step. He came closer and closer and closer and.....

"Hello" he greeted me completely insulting the presence of Shahid. I smiled at him being calm. He turned and smiled at Shahid. His smile was more of a threat. He holded my hand and made me stand up.

"Who is this new friend of yours Nandini?" He asked smiling. He is behaving himself and i am relaxed to see that.

"He is Shahid my new friend and Shahid this is Manik my..."

"Boyfriend" Manik replid. Whattt? Boyfriend? I wanted to slap Manik right away but I did controlled myself. Its heating up over here i need to get Manik out of here right now. Manik was holding me as tight as possible which was hurting me. He grabbed my bare waist and pulled me more even closer trying to show that i am his property, I can clearly see that.

"I missed you baby. Why did you left without giving me a morning kiss.?" Morning kisss?? What the hell. I will cry any moment if he will continue his shit.

"Manik chalo."

"Where?" He asked making the cutest face. Should i just beat him up?

"Morning kiss. You want it na? Lets go. Bye Shahid it was nice meeting you." Manik couldn't control his smile by my bold reply.

"It was nice to meet you too. Bye Nandini." Shahid replied.

        I dragged Manik from there and took him straight to his room. He protested in between but there is no way i am going to forgive him after that shitty immortal behaviour of his.

                     ************

     Hello readers! Its just 2 days left for Nandini's b'day yayyyieee. I am so excited. And i like finally brought stars and fireflies to complete our MaNan. I can't imagine MaNan without star and fireflies😊. Please vote and comment.