Family Vacation (2)

Chapter Two

"We're home!"

I quickly rushed to my mirror and fanned my face, trying to get rid of the evidence that I had just spent the last 30 minutes crying my heart out.

"Honey?!" My mum called out and I could hear her heels tapping on the floor as she walked over to the staircase.

"I'll be right down!" I called out, my voice sounding worn out. I heard her walk away and I quickly put a little makeup on to hide my puffy eyes. I grabbed a pair of shorts so that I wasn't wearing undies in front of my family and rushed downstairs to greet them.

"Woah you look terrible" my brother decides to comment causing my parents to look at me.

"You do look a little unwell, do you feel okay?" Mum asks as she walks over to me. She pressed her palm across my forehead and I push it away.

"I feel fine, how did the football match go?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

That immediately got their attention and my parents grinned proudly at my brother who was smirking away.

"We won of course" he stated as he tossed the football up into the air before catching it.

I nodded my head, forcing on a small smile before mum began to usher us into the living room, Daniel sat next to me and I made a disgusted sound as his sweaty smell surrounded me.

I moved over to the other side of the couch while Daniel just grinned at me. My parents stood at the front of the room, barely able to hold back their excitement for their upcoming news.

"Okay, your father and I have some exciting news and before you shoot it down, just hear us out..." she paused so that we could ready ourselves for what they were about to say, "we're going on a family vacation!" She cried out happily.

Usually I would've groaned and complained because it meant being away from Liam, but now that he was out of my life I didn't care where we went. It would also give me a chance to clear my head and try and get over him.

I looked over at Daniel to see he was frowning, he looked a little stressed more then annoyed.

"Mum what about...?" He began but she cut him off.

"He's invited to!" She interrupted excitedly.

She turned to me and calmed down, "now Honey, I know that you'll miss Liam but it's only for a few weeks and if you really want then you can invite..."

I quickly interrupted her before she could finish, "no it sounds great, I'm definitely in, where are we going?"

My parents looked at each other, shocked by my enthusiastic response before grinning, "we found a lake house and it's amazing! No neighbours, just a beautiful forest by a huge lake that you guys can swim in! There's great tanning spots that you'll enjoy Honey and there's a lots of stuff for you and Ian to get up to, Daniel, so what do you kids say?"

I frowned confused, "Ian's coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, his parents are going through some things and he was going to stay here for a week while they sorted everything out so we decided to bring him along" Mum grinned.

"Oh" I muttered, having no idea that that was happening.

"When are we leaving?" Daniel asked as he stood up, tossing the football into the air and then catching it.

"In two days" my mum grinned causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"That's short notice" I said a little confused.

"Yeah well it was either two days or never so... we kind of took the two days, will that be okay?" She asked and I knew that in other words it meant 'is that enough time to say bye to Liam for two weeks'.

I nodded happily, "it's fine"

***

Jillian gasped when I told her that Ian was coming, "girl he's gonna be your rebound!" She cried out through the phone.

I shook my head, unable to contain my smile. "No he won't be, he's my brothers best friend and we'll be in a house crawling with my family" I explained.

"We need to go shopping and get you some new clothes and some new lingerie that don't have that assholes stench all over it" she demanded and I shook my head.

"I'm not bringing lingerie" I replied, whispering it low so that if my parents or brother walked by they wouldn't hear me.

"You so are or else you'll regret it" she said as if she had a point.

"We can go shopping for cute clothes and some cute bikinis but I am not buying lingerie" I said as I slammed my fist down on my bed as if she could see me making my point.

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow at 12, I'll pick you up" she said jokingly annoyed before she hung up.

I laughed and rolled my eyes before looking in my wardrobe, did I need new clothes? No, but it would help take my mind of Liam and his whore until we got to the lake house so I decided to waste my money.

💋