I was a mess as I arrived, immediately hunting my way to the only person I knew brought a comb, some makeup, mirrors, and high heeled shoes and push ups (Because you never knew when the times called for whoreish measures.) with her to school.

"You, your bag, bathroom, now." I panted as I spotted her, curling her hair and battering eyes against her opposite sex. She seemed surprised, then shocked, then plain disgusted by what she saw.

Which happened to be the beloved me.

"Why-"

I grabbed her arm and almost hoisted her down the hallway where my true destination was.

"Talk to you later!" Kaley yelled to the confused looking guy. I felt bad for him, knowing I snatched his night's action away so abruptly. I didn't want to be a cockblocker, but hey, taking in the fact I could pass for a Shrek festival, it was understandable.

"Why do you look like you just went through a tornado, then ended up in a cactus, then the said tornado bright you back, just for good measure." Kaley Bradshaw took in my sight with a frown, and I sighed, then because it was turning to be a hobby of mine, I brought the zen, the chi and the freaking Buddha in me just so I wouldn't rip her hair out.

I was totally not going to freak out.

"Just give me a comb and some makeup." I muttered.

"What makes you think I drag around that everywhere, I mean I-"

"Because you're freaking Bradshaw, that's why!" I hissed, losing the inner Jackie Chan in me, giving into the black Chris Rock that was secretly hidden within. "Help me out, for crying out loud!"

Ten minutes, forty seconds and approximately eight seconds later, I was finally the shabby self I was used to, and sometimes loved. My hair may be in a bun, but at least no leaf or ant, or any moving object was inside, my sullen pale shade had now been lightened into normalcy, and I looked decent.

Fresh, but decent.

"You're a lifesaver." I turned to Kaley who only smiled brightly.

"I know I am." She replied happily.

The first warning bell rung, and we shuffled out, chatting as usual.

Bradshaw was one of the girls that had first approached me when I was new. She introduced me to her friends, which now I can proudly call mine, at least to some extent, but nevertheless Kaley was a good girl, though a bit on the blonde side. But it was just one of her many characteristics that had to be put up with. But all in all, she was good. I liked her. She seemed careless, happy, pretty and always having the time of her life. Though the biggest mouth slipping gossiper, I seemed to see what I wanted in her.

She had a decent life, no drama though it seemed ironic, and she knew she was beautiful.

So freaking careless that it sometimes gnawed me on the inside. And that gnaw was nothing but jealously, and I was smart enough to let it be.

Kaley was lucky. I was happy for her.

"You should hurry." Drake was leaned on a wall by a locker I assumed was his, but the My Little Pony sticker kind of dimmed that assumption.

"Yeah, says who?" Kaley cocked her hip out, hand firmly placed, and cheeks just the slightest tiny bit of red.

I squinted my eyes at that and wondered if my new assumptions was a long shot..

"Says I, because education are quite important." Drake smirked, his dark hair, highlighted by the damn brown stripes, seemed like an intentional bed hair sort of type. His grey blue orbs were glittering by the morning sun, and his white teeth barely showing made his appearance a trillion times better.