Living Next to a Princess

Soarin's POV:

***

I think I'm in heaven. I just met the most beautiful girl in the world-Rainbow Dash. Even her name sounded magical. I've already fallen for her deep magenta eyes, that small blush that sometimes covers her face, her cute smile, the way that she managed to look gorgeous without even trying to. There are literally no words to describe her. But I'm a celebrity. I can't like someone I just met, especially if they aren't a celeb too. The press would go crazy. So I do what I'm good at-hide my emotions.

She, her friends, the guys, and I talked for some time. I found out that she had no idea who I was (surprisingly) and that she was a mega-tomboy. I'm definitely going to have to talk to her later. She seems so cool. 

And then she told us about how smart she was. Like seriously, I didn't believe her (and neither did her friends) until Thunderlane nodded his head in confirmation. Apparently, those two had been best friends since third grade. Well as best of friends a guy and girl can get without, you know, dating.

The girls had left five minutes ago, saying that they had "stuff to do." We didn't question but simply left them to do their...stuff. The guys and I were just talking about nothing when Flash looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing...Why?" he looked at me innocently.

"I don't know, maybe cause you look like you're staring into my soul like those evil creepy people in books," I retorted sarcastically.

"It's just, I think I know your little secret," he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a celebrity; how many secrets can I have?" I sighed and looked down, my mind wandering back to Rainbow.

"You're thinking about her again, aren't you?" Flash said softly. I looked up in surprise and saw my new friends looking at me with understanding. I pretended to play dumb.

"What? I don't know who you're talking about!" I fibbed, hoping my acting skills were good enough to fool these boys. Unfortunately, they weren't.

"Listen Soarin, we're not the kind of guys that are going to bug you about this-if you say no, then we'll believe you-but just know that Dash isn't the type of girl that shows her feelings. It takes a lot to convince her to trust you, and even then, it's hard for her to open up," Thunderlane assured me. I shook my head and put on a smile, one that didn't come naturally.

"I just met the girl, why would you think I like her?" I gave a fake laugh. They didn't seem convinced but didn't pry any further.

"Oh um, I have some chores to do at the farm. I'll see you guys tomorrow," Caramel suddenly stood up as he looked at the clock, unintentionally breaking the awkward silence that had formed. We all said goodbye, and one by one, the other guys left, until I was the only one left. I lifted myself away from the table and began my walk home when I noticed a colorful streak run across the street from me. I shook my head, dismissing it as a something I imagined.

*TIME SKIP*

I had just reached home, hoping to relax on my bed, when I saw a bunch of moving trucks in front of our house. Right. I totally forgot. I moved. Yay.

And then I saw her. She was walking into the house next door to mine. I would do anything to hear her beautiful voice again, so I did the most stupid thing ever.

"Hey Dash!" I called. 

Rainbow's POV:

"Hey Dash!" I heard someone call. I turned around, my eyes finally landing on Soarin. He was standing in the midst of movers and boxes. He gingerly made his way around the hodgepodge of moving materials and came up in front of me.

"Hey," I raised an eyebrow at him. "So, do you know who's moving here?" I gestured toward the mess of boxes.

"Me!" he smiled proudly. I blinked. Wait. I'm going to be living next to an egotistical CELEBRITY?!

"Indeed you are," he smirked. Oops. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did princess," he chuckled and flashed me a smile that made me weak in the knees. 

"Don't call me that," I glared, but I could feel a blush rising on my cheeks.

"Nah, I think you like it, seeing that you're blushing so much. Wouldn't want to deprive royalty of her likings," he teased.

"No, I'm fine with being royalty. It's just that I'm not a princess. I'm a queen. The Queen of Awesomeness," I bragged. He just laughed and shook his head.

"So," he nodded towards my house. "Do you live alone?"

"Nah, my mom's just out of town-she would never trust me to live alone," I chuckled.

"Heh same," he rubbed the back of his neck. "And your dad?" he asked curiously.

"Um, he died when twelve," I struggled to keep my voice even, to prevent the tears from spilling down my face. Soarin's eyes widened and looked at me in shock.

"I-I'm so sorry, I had no idea-"

"It's fine," I waved him off. But I wasn't fine. I had had this horrible, sinking feeling in my stomach, something I got every time I thought about my father.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't have a dad either," he gave me a sad smile through his hair and his eyes were full of such sincerity and sadness that it took all my willpower to not lose myself in their depths.

"Stop doing that!" I suddenly stomped my foot.

"Stop doing what?" he asked confused.

"That thing with your eyes! It's so-ugh!" I waved my hands.

"What "thing with my eyes?" Oh, am I just so dashing-" he smirked and I rolled my eyes at the pun "-that you're just staring into my eyes and trying to resist the urge to kiss me?" he finished and I blushed furiously.

"Wha-no-huh-I never-" I stammered. He just gave me that heart-warming laugh of his.

"See you tomorrow. Princess." And with that, he turned his back to me and walked off to his new home. As my neighbor.

***

A/N: Well the second chapter is out! (Sorry if it's a little short) Thanks for reading my story. I never expected anyone to read it, especially on the first day! And people are already voting! I'm officially mind-blown. I hope you all are enjoying this so far. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~DashieIsAwesome