9. Not Him Again

Začít od začátku

"What the hell," Lori mutters beneath her breath.

How could these people do this? Do they have no conscience? The way they treat the ill is terrible. Lori feels sick to her stomach just thinking about it.

Once the gel is completely solid, the green person who had committed the act stands up, folding the now empty gel bag and stuffing it into a pocket of their jumpsuit.

The four green people then lean down and lift up the now entombed man, carrying him out the door.

After the four are gone, Minho finally makes a move, walking to the door of the coffee shop with Lori following close behind him.

"Stop right there!" Red Shirt yells, aiming his gun at the two. "Get out!"

Minho shakes his head, "But we're with him." He lift he hand and points to the boy who is still sitting captive in a chair. "And we need to go."

"This one's not going anywhere," he growls.

Lori steps beside Minho in the doorway, "Well, we're not leaving without him."

Red Shirt's scowl deepens, before a though appears to hit him. He looks from Thomas to Minho and Lori. "Wait a second. Are you guys Munies, too?"

Without a moment to spare or even blink, Minho grabs Lori's arm and makes a run for it.

"Stop!" Red Shirt shouts. Lori doesn't risk looking back, but knows that he is following, since she can hear his heavy footsteps smacking the ground as he chases them down.

Minho lets go of her arm as they speed past Jorge, Brenda and Clara, who get the picture as they begin to run alongside them.

Unfortunately for Lori, a large crack in the pavement enters her path without her realizing it. Before she can even react, she is tumbling across the ground, scraping multiple joints on the way down. She climbs to her feet as fast as she can, but isn't fast enough; Just as she goes to run, a hand clamps down on her arm.

Minho looks back, and is about to come and help her, but Lori shakes her head. "I'll be fine! Keep going!"
She buck her leg back, kicking the man hard in the leg.

He lets out a grunt of anger, striking her across the face. "Don't even think about trying that again," He snarls, pulling her back towards the shop.

As they walk into the shop, Red Shirt throws Lori to the ground. Thomas immediately drops to her side, to make sure that she's okay.

"I ought to shoot you in the neck and watch you bleed out for what your little friends just did, boy. Better thank God above that Munies are so valuable, or I'd do it just to make myself feel better. Been a crappy say," Red Shirt says, a scowl on his face.

Thomas doesn't look up from Lori as he mutters, "Well, it hasn't been so great for me, either."

Lori can feel her cheek tingling from where the man had hit her. She fights to hold back tears of pain, not wanting to appear weak in front of the enemy.

Red Shirt walks forward pulling out his device he uses to test for Cranks.
"Don't touch her," Thomas threatens bitterly.

The man gives a hollow chuckle, "If you don't move, I won't even test her, I'll just shoot her in the head."

Thomas clenches his jaw, before moving out of the way. Red Shirt scans Lori with the device, before examining the screen. A horrifically pleased smile plasters itself onto his face.
"Well, well, well, looks like I've bagged myself not just one, but two Munies. This day is looking up. You'll both brig me a good hunk of cash. That's all there is to it. And just for the record, I don't like you. Either of you. I can tell by just lookin' at ya." He looks pointedly at Lori. "You especially," His eyes fall to his leg for a smidge of a second, and Lori smirks to herself.