Slip of the Tongue - Part 8

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I'm sorry, I've got to go now." Shuta's sister suddenly interrupted on his thoughts as she read a mail on her phone. "My friend is already waiting for me." She added.

"Hm." Shuta responded, nodding his head. "Take care."

"Nice to meet you, Chiaki-neechan. I'll leave you two now. Bye!" She said as she stood up and hurriedly went out of the restaurant.

"Bye bye!" Chiaki said as she waved her hand. "Shu-chan, your sister's very pretty, ne..." She added. "No wonder you're good-looking as well." She whispered unconsciously.

"What did you say?" Shuta asked, with blushing cheeks. "Did I hear her correctly?"

"Huh?" She blushed. "Ah! It's nothing. Let's order now." She said as she raised her hand to call the attention of the waiter. They then ordered their food and had their meal. Shuta then sent Chiaki to her apartment again after eating.

"Thank you again for accommodating me yesterday. And for spending time with me today. See you tomorrow." Shuta said, smiling.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Shu-chan." Chiaki said. "See you tomorrow." She added as she turned to face opposite to him to open the front door of her apartment. The boy just watched her open the door. When she's already inside, she waved goodbye to her friend and closed the door.

"Hay..." Shuta sighed as he turned around. He wore his mask and sunglasses to hide his identity and started walking to his apartment. "Argh, that's right! I have to check the posts my sister's talking about." He thought as he got his cellphone from his pocket. He checked his Twitter account. He was tagged to several posts, just like what his sister said. "Argh! This is very frustrating." He thought as he continued to scroll on his wall. "But I'm still lucky that they really help me. No one even tagged Chiaki. I just hope their discipline will last." He continued to walk for a while.

"But today's still a great day. Hahaha. I can't believe I got to meet her parents. And that her father likes me as her friend and even more than that! Ah!!!! I can't describe what I'm feeling right now!" He suddenly thought with a wide smile on his face although no one could see it because it's hidden behind his mask. His walk started to change into hops. The pedestrians on the sidewalk noticed him and had confused expressions on their faces.

-----

Disturbed by the rays of sunlight peeking through the curtain on his windows, Shuta slowly opened his eyes. "It's morning already..." He thought groggily as he checked the laptop beside him on the bed. "I didn't notice I fell asleep while watching anime last night. Haha." He chuckled. He then reached his hand for his cellphone on the bedside table to check the time. But he didn't get to take note of the time because of a mail notification.

"A mail?" He thought as he opened the mail to read it.

"Sueyoshi-kun, please report directly to your manager upon your arrival at the Avex Building today. Thank you."

"Heh... I wonder why..." He said as he got up from his bed and went directly to the bathroom to take a shower.

-----

"Good morning, everyone." Chiaki said as she entered the studio. Shinjiro, Naoya, Nissy, and Misako, who were already there, greeted back.

"Good morning, Chii-chan!" Nissy exclaimed as he went to Chiaki to help her with her things.

"Ah, thank you Nissy. You don't have to." She paused. Her eyes then strolled around the room. "Shu-chan hasn't come yet? It's unusual for him to be late." She said. Nissy raised his shoulders, telling Chiaki he didn't know the answer to her question.