Slip of the Tongue - Part 3

AAA finished their Gold Symphony concert successfully. When their service bus came, they, along with the staff members, rode the vehicle. Chiaki was the last one to take a seat, since she was also the last one to get inside. Misako reserved a seat beside her for her friend. Shuta and Nissy were sitting across them, while Shinjiro, Naoya and Hidaka sat at the back, just one row behind them.

"All right, let's go!" The head staff shouted. The bus started to roll on the road as Chiaki was walking towards her seat. When Nissy noticed Chiaki coming, he suddenly jumped to the empty seat beside Misako.

"Ah Misako-chan, I can't sleep. He said, tilting his head towards Misako's shoulder. The girl blushed.

"Hey, Nissy, that's Chiaki's seat!" She shouted to the guy who's pretending to have already fallen asleep. She continuously shook his body. "Hey, Chiaki's already here!"

"It's alright Misako-chan. I can sit beside Shu-chan." Chiaki said while smiling. "Is it alright?" She asked Shuta.

"Eh? Sure." Shuta was surprised but he smiled at Chiaki. He tried to peek on her side to have a view of Nissy. He saw his friend grinning at him silently. "Nishijima, you..." He said in his thoughts, throwing a death glare at his friend. Chiaki's face suddenly appeared.

"Ah!" Shuta blushed.

"What's wrong, Shu-chan? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ah yes, Chiaki! Don't mind me. Hahaha." Shuta laughed. "Great, this will be a long awkward trip for me." He thought sarcastically. He watched silently his seatmate who's bringing out something from the bag on her lap.

"Here, it's for you." Chiaki said, holding something wrapped inside a small brown bag.

"Eh? What's this?" Shuta asked as he received in his hands the bag. He took out its content. "Ah! Chiaki, where did you buy this?" He asked excitedly, smiling like a child who received an ice cream treat. He was holding a huge bun of melon bread, his favorite.

"My parents gave it to me earlier when I met them before the concert." She said. "I forgot to give it to you earlier." She added.

"Eh? So technically, this is yours." He said, with his smile changing into a frown. He put back the item inside the brown bag. "Here." He said, handing the bag to Chiaki.

"Ah, no, it's really for you, Shu-chan." She paused. "I asked my parents before that when they got the chance to buy this rare bread, they buy two for me, because I really intend to give the other one to you...Um... Because I know that you like it." She added. A light blush formed on her cheeks as she smiled.

"Really? Then I will no longer hesitate to take it." Shuta said with a happy expression again. His cheeks started to blush and his heartbeat went faster. "She's very thoughtful." He thought. A smile was formed on his lips. "Thank you, Chiaki."

"Hm." Chiaki nodded her head. "Let's eat!" The two of them then started eating their breads. "Ah! It's delicious!" She exclaimed after having her first bite.

"Eh? You haven't tried it before?" The boy asked surprisingly.

"Y-yes. I didn't expect it to taste this good." Chiaki answered shyly.

"Then, why did you ask your parents to buy it?" He asked. "Unless you just really want to have it bought for me." He thought to himself. "No. I shouldn't assume things..." He started to blush again.

"Ah... Hahaha." She said, thinking for an answer. "Ah... I also really don't know why... Hahaha." She covered her face in embarrassment.

"Hahaha. You're silly." He said, brushing the top of her head with his hand.