Slip of the Tongue - Part 6

Shuta accompanied Chiaki to her apartment when the rain suddenly started to pour heavily, leaving Shuta no choice but to stay for the night at the girl's place. When Chiaki was already in her room to sleep and Shuta was lying at the sofa, ready to sleep as well, a cellphone suddenly caught his attention when it received a mail. He got up from the sofa and checked the phone.

"Ah, it's Chiaki's." He said. "Who will send her a mail at this hour?" He thought as he accidentally read the sender and part of the message as it was flashed on the screen for notification.

"Dr. Ken?" He continued reading. "Hi Chiaki-chan. I'm sorry for the late message, something came up at work. Anyway, how's my princess doi..."

"Eh?!" He rubbed his eyes, afraid he might have read the message wrong.

"Hi Chiaki-chan. I'm sorry for the late message, something came up at work. Anyway, how's my princess doi..." It was the same message. He read every word perfectly. He still tried to read it one last time, hoping that there would be words that he read incorrectly.

"Hi Chiaki-chan. I'm sorry for the late message, something came up at work. Anyway, how's my princess doi..." Unfortunately, nothing changed. He slowly put back the phone on the table and sat on the sofa.

"Oi... who the hell is this Dr. Ken?! And why is he calling Chiaki princess?!" His heart became troubled. He's too tempted to open the mail to read the whole message, but he also didn't know Chiaki's passcode so even though he really wanted to, he technically couldn't open it.

"Argh! I thought I'll have a good sleep! Why did this Dr. Ken suddenly ruin my mood?!" He thought in frustration. Suddenly, Chiaki's bedroom door opened. Shuta was surprised that he suddenly jumped and laid down on the sofa, pretending to be asleep already.

"Iya! That was close." He thought.

"Hm... where did I put it?" Chiaki whispered. Based on the volume of her voice, Shuta predicted that she went directly to the kitchen area. Her footsteps then became louder to his ear.

"She's coming here." He thought. He could sense that she picked up her phone. She was standing there for a while. "Is she reading the mail already?" He thought. Suddenly, he heard giggles from her.

"Eh?! Why is she laughing? Did his message make her heart flutter?! Argh! I can't stand being clueless to what's happening!" He exclaimed in his thoughts. Suddenly, the phone rang.

"Ah! Hello?" Chiaki tried to lower her voice. She started going back to her room.

"He called her at this hour?" He thought curiously. When he heard that the door's already closed, he got up from the sofa and crawled on the floor, going to the bedroom door. He placed his ear beside the door, hoping to understand what she's saying.

"Ah I can't hear anything." He said, frustrated. "I should stop this. Chiaki wouldn't like it if she sees me like this." He gave up, crawling back to the sofa.

"I'll just get away with it for tonight. Maybe I'll find something tomorrow. No, I mean later. It's past midnight already. My head's already hurting." He calmed himself as he felt his eyes becoming heavy. A few minutes later, he fell asleep.

-----

"Shu-chan, wake up!" Chiaki exclaimed.

"Ah it's morning already..." Shuta thought. He slowly opened his eyes, which were irritated with the bright light coming from the windows. He blinked twice to exercise his eyes and fix his vision. Chiaki's face was in front of him. He could smell the fragrant smell of her lotion. The memory of her hugging him last night suddenly appeared in his thoughts.