Slip of the Tongue - Part 5

Coming from their concert's venue, AAA arrived at the Avex Building late in the evening. Chiaki and Shuta decided to cook and eat late dinner at the girl's apartment since they had nowhere to eat as all the restaurants were already closed. Rain started pouring heavily. Chiaki decided to let Shuta stay at her place for the night. They were deciding where Shuta will sleep.

"I'll be fine on the sofa. Really." He repeated. "Or... if you're really concerned about my comfort, I won't mind sleeping with you on your bed. If that's fine with you." He suddenly said seriously, looking at her straight in the eyes.

Chiaki's eyes widened as her face turned red. "Eh?!"

"Hahahaha!" He laughed hard. "It's a joke, Chiaki! A joke! Don't worry I won't do it. Hahahaha! I wish I could have taken a photo of your face!" He couldn't help himself from jumping on his seat due to too much laughter. Chiaki pouted her lips.

"That's mean..." She said.

"Hahaha. Sorry. Really, I'm sorry." He tried to dry the tears from his eyes because of too much laughter. "I just wanted to make you laugh because you worry too much. Sorry, ne?" He added. Chiaki was just silent. Her face was serious.

"Oi Chiaki. I said I'm sorry." He repeated.

"Um... You know what, actually I agree with you. We can have that arrangement." She said.

"Eh?" Shuta asked, confused.

"I mean, I'm fine with it. Us... sleeping together... on my bed." She said shyly.

"Eh?!" Shuta's heart fluttered and his face turned red. He couldn't explain what he's feeling inside him. "Oi, oi, Chiaki, are you serious?!" He stared at his friend, not knowing how to answer. But Chiaki was just silent.

"Oi Chiaki, are you sure it's oka-"

"Gotcha!" Chiaki shouted. "Hahahaha!" She rose from her seat and started to transfer the soiled plates to the sink.

"Eh?!" Shuta thought. "Oi what was that?!" He exclaimed, frustrated. Chiaki went back to the dining table.

"Hahahaha. I just want to have my revenge." She said playfully as she pinched Shuta's cheeks. "I can't believe you'd fall for it." She continued to laugh, getting the remaining plates and transferring them to the sink.

"It's not funny, you know?!" He blushed. "I really thought she meant it! Argh! She really caught me off guard!" He thought to himself.

"Of course I know. You just did the same thing to me two minutes ago!" She opened the faucet to start washing the dishes.

"Hmp. Whatever." He said as he rose from his seat and went to her. "So, what can I do to help?" He asked, trying to change the topic. His face was still blushing.

"Hm. You can wipe the table using the clean cloth over there." She pointed at the cloth above the oven. When Shuta looked at his side to see where Chiaki was pointing at, the girl hurriedly positioned her hand with the sponge, an inch away from the boy's face. Shuta turned his head to face Chiaki again but was shocked to hit the sponge with his nose.

"Ah!" He exclaimed. A froth of soap was left on his nose. He wiped it with his hand.

"Oh! Hahahaha. My bad." Chiaki teased.

"Hey! Stop making fun of me! Give me that sponge!" He shouted with a red face, trying to steal the sponge from his friend. Chiaki moved her hand behind her, assured that the boy would not dare to reach for it while he's standing in front of her.

But unconsciously, Shuta moved closer to Chiaki, which surprised her and made her step backwards to keep him from reaching the sponge behind her. She stopped stepping, after being blocked by the fridge at her back.