Slip of the Tongue - Part 8

Shuta and Chiaki decided to eat together before going home, after they had a stroll around a part of Tokyo with the girl's parents. While discussing their orders, someone suddenly called their attention.

"Shu-chan?" A girl shouted from another table.

"Eh?" Shuta reacted, slowly looking at the direction where the voice came from.

"Ah, it's really you, Shu-chan!" The girl said as she stood up from her seat and went to Shuta. She hugged the boy and kissed him on the cheek.

"H-hey! What was that?!" Shuta exclaimed. He blushed then looked at Chiaki. Chiaki was staring at them with a surprised look. "N-no, Chiaki, it's not like what you think!" Shuta thought.

"And why are you calling me Shu-chan?" He asked the girl.

"Hahaha. I'm sorry Shu-niichan. Sorry for intruding suddenly on your date, Shu-niichan and Chiaki-neechan." The girl said as she bowed her head.

"Ah no, it's not like that!" Chiaki and Shuta exclaimed. Both of their faces started to turn red. Chiaki's still clueless about the identity of the person in front of her.

"She's very cute..." She whispered to herself insecurely.

"What did you say?" Shuta asked, surprised. He seemed to hear Chiaki's whisper.

"Ah no, it's nothing." Chiaki answered. "Um... Shu-chan... your... girlfriend?" She asked shyly.

"Eh?! What the hell are you thinking, Chiaki! Of course not-!"

"Hey, that's rude, Shu-niichan. Don't shout at Chiaki-neechan." The girl said. She then looked at Chiaki. "I'm Shu-chan's sister." She said while offering her hand for a shake.

"Ah, nice to meet you!" Chiaki shook hands with Shuta's sister. The latter couldn't help herself from smiling widely.

"Oh my, I can't believe I got to shake hands with Chiaki-neechan!" The girl said.

"Eh?" Chiaki said.

"She's a huge fan of yours." Shuta said. Chiaki blushed.

"Ah, thank you for appreciating my efforts." Chiaki said as she bowed her head.

"So, what are you doing here? Are you alone?" Shuta asked his sister.

"I'm here to meet an old friend." His sister answered.

"Oi, you didn't watch our concert yesterday but now you're here to meet someone?! Tsk!" Shuta exclaimed. His sister laughed at him.

"Hahaha. Sorry, ne? By the way, how was your concert? I'm very curious about what happened because the fans kept on posting and tagging you on Twitter, saying that you said something you that shouldn't have. They even used the hashtag '#keepquiet'. What do they mean by that?"

"Eh?!" Shuta exclaimed surprisingly. "I-I haven't actually checked my Twitter account!" Shuta suddenly became nervous. "So the fans didn't really keep quiet about it! Argh! They could get Chiaki to be curious enough to ask Nishijima and the others about it." He thought.

"Did you say that your gay? Hahahaha." She joked.

"Shut up! Stop saying nonsense things! Chiaki might really believe you that I'm gay!" He exclaimed. "Um, and about the posts, it's just nothing. I already forgot about what I've said during the concert." He lied, trying his best to act like it's really nothing. His cheeks blushed as he crossed his arms.

"Argh. I hope Chiaki won't dare to find out about what really happened back then." He thought. "Good luck to me tomorrow, when I return to the studio. It's impossible that everyone has already forgotten about it."