29

The next morning I'd woken without any trace of Ethan beside me, or even in the bedroom at all, for that matter. Last night was so exciting, and it left a grin that spread from ear to ear on my face as I removed the covers from my body and climbed up to put on some clothes so I could go and find Ethan.

I knew my way around the house well enough now to know where the bathroom was, so after I'd finished dressing I quickly went inside to freshen up a little. Once I was done, I headed to the kitchen, the smell of grease and coffee consuming my senses.

The door leading to the kitchen was open ajar, allowing me to see inside once I was close up enough. I could see him, bobbing his head to the sound of the quiet rock music coming from the radio station he was listening to, and he was stood over the stove, with a frying pan in his hand. I opened the door wider and walked straight toward him, wrapping my arms around his waist right about the same time that he threw the pancake from the pan in the air.

"Fuck- Ah, Skylar!" He yelled, frowning. I laughed and stared down at the pancake on the ground. "You almost gave me a heart attack," He mused, placing a hand on his chest before leaning forward to plant a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Who knows, maybe it's just old age," I teased, and I saw him roll his eyes as I giggled and walked toward the kitchen island, sitting down on one of the stools.

He went back to cooking, cleaning up the mess on the floor. In front of me I realised a tray with a plate on it, already stacked with three pancakes, along with a variety of different toppings. "Oh, I didn't know what you'd prefer," Ethan said, catching me as I reached to grab a strawberry from one of the small bowls. "So I just whipped up a few things."

"I am going to suck you so hard for this," I raised my eyebrows, sending him a cheeky grin while he stared at me.

He didn't comment, but turned back to the stove. I swear I saw the smirk on his face though, and the slight blush in his chubby cheeks.

Finally, after remaking the pancake that I made him drop on the ground, Ethan took a seat in the leather stool beside me and placed his hand over mine. By this time, I'd finished with my load of pancakes and was just barely snacking on the fruit on the side.

"So, why are you here?" He looked up, his eyes locking with mine. They looked much more normal now, rather than being accompanied by the bags beneath them that I saw yesterday.

"Uh, nice to see you too, I've missed you so much," I scoffed, with a hint of sarcasm in my tone to let him know I was only joking.

"No, I mean...--I mean, how?" He asked, slipping his fingers between the gaps in mine. The simple light hearted gesture made my stomach turn and a blush rise to my cheeks.

"Well, my parents kicked me out," I said, a little sadly. It didn't really bother me, to be honest. They were never the parenting type, and they always just treated me like one of their employees or something. Though, they were still technically my parents, and there was still some kind of bond.

"They did what?" He said, concern filling his brown eyes. They were my second favourite thing about him- the first, being his lips.

"They kicked me out." I shrugged like it was nothing and before I knew it his lips were firmly against mine. Not moving, but the touch itself made me all flustered. He moved away, not attempting to deepen the kiss or turn it into something sexual. I liked that about him. I understood that he didn't just want me for sex.

"They can shove their snobby shit back up their asses," He snorted, my smile growing lightly as he cut into his first pancake. "And for the record, I did actually miss you." My heart warmed, and he would've saw my face grow pink if he wasn't so interested in the food he was eating. "A lot more than I probably should've." He added, giving my hand a squeeze.