25

The first thing on my mind this morning was the fact that I needed to speak to Emma. It was Sunday, so I had hours before lessons began tomorrow and I'd promised her we'd talk about what happened between us. Honestly, I felt kind of bad about it all. She was into me, but I wasn't into her. I wondered when she'd started feeling this way. We'd only known each other for about a month; I just had so many questions.

I didn't bother to unpack my duffle bag after Ethan and I had driven back to school, throwing it down beside my bed as I flopped onto the soft mattress. A sigh escaped my pursed lips and I gripped the cool sheets that hadn't been slept in for a couple of days, smiling to myself at the thought. I decided to take a shower before going to see Emma and change into some fresh clothes. She'd probably be having lunch now, anyway.

So I got up and went straight to the bathroom where I showered, then dried, cleaned my teeth- again- then headed back into my room to find something to wear. I picked out a pair of leggings and a hoodie, since I wanted to be comfy and casual as we'd probably just be sat in Emma's room, and it was also quite cold due to the winter weather.

I brushed my hair and braided it tightly, loosening it a little once I was done. Not bothering with any makeup, I decided that Emma would be finished lunch and would be back in her room, studying or something, so I left my room and locked the door behind me, setting off down the hall to Emma's dorm.

When I got there, I knocked on the door, feeling slightly uncomfortable about just walking in like I usually would. I'm not sure why. I guess it was just the fact that I wasn't really on good terms with her at the moment.

She swung open the door, throwing both arms around my neck when she realised that it was me. Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this warm greeting.

"I was so worried about you," She whispered into my ear, squeezing me a little tighter.

I gulped as she pulled away, running a hand through her hair and giving me this concerned look. She'd noticed I'd been away...

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to salvage the situation. But in my head I knew that I really knew that she knew about me not being here this entire weekend. Shit, I felt a headache coming on.

"You've been missing all weekend!" She exclaimed and I quickly pushed her arms down from the air, walking us backwards into her room. I closed the door because I felt like this conversation was about to get a little more heated than I intended.

"Fuck," I cussed, pacing back and forth in front of her.

"You know that you're in so much trouble, right? The principal knows," She told me, my eyes widening.

"No, no, no. Fuck!" I screamed and kicked the wall. Then I quickly grabbed my foot- that hurt, more than I'd expected it to.

"Sky, what is going on with you?" There was no way I was getting out of this now.

My breathing was shaky, I didn't know what to do or say. Maybe I could tell her the truth, yes, the truth. I had to. Nobody else would have to know about it, just her. I would make up a lie and say I was just sneaking off of the school grounds because I was visiting some friends or something. That was ridiculous, but it's all I had.

"Okay," And so I did, I explained everything. From the suggestive comments in our lessons, to the weekend I spent away with him. However, I purposely left out the parts about Ethan taking my virginity illegally and the sex we had again this morning.

By now we were laying together on the bed, Emma and I tangled with each other. She was a very affectionate person, and I didn't think it was because she supposedly had feelings for me, but I think it was because that was just who she was. She was a good friend, though I'd only known her for a month. But it'd been a good month, I guess.