19

"Emma knows." I blurted out, and watched his face for a reaction.

His eyes instantly went wide, as if he'd just been shot. He tore his hand from mine, wringing both of his trembling ones together. Then he ran his fingers through his tousled hair, glancing to me, but unable to make eye contact.

"We better get going," He seemed to dismiss my previous statement. "I think we've been gone a while. Someone might notice you're missing." He slid out of the booth and I followed suit, out of the parlour and into his car.

The ride back to the school was silent, and he parked on the corner like usual. It was pissing me off. His calm demeanor was simply aggravating me. He looked so petrified when I'd first mentioned the topic of someone knowing about us. That person being Emma, who of which I'd told him about my argument with earlier. He probably presumed that she would rat us out because of it. Personally, I didn't have Em down as that type of person.

"Fucking say something." I snapped, turning to him in the passenger seat. He twisted his head around, looking me up and down. "Ethan!" I yelled, grabbing his attention.

"How could you be so fucking stupid!?" He screamed, taking me by surprise. His hands slammed vigoursly down onto the steering wheel, his body jolting up and back down, making the entire car move on the spot.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I was over-emotional, but he knew that already. How could I be so stupid? What about him?

"Hey, it takes two to tango." I croaked out, failing with my attempt to humor the situation.

"I thought I told you that nobody could bloody know about us?" He said, calmer this time, but still on edge.

"Well excuse you, you were the one all over me at that party last night!" I rolled my eyes, folding my arms.

"You were the one that invited me!" He argued, yanking off his seatbelt. I did the same. "Get out." He sighed, tiredly.

"What?" My eyes closed into slits, my head shaking.

"I said, get out!" He screamed, startling me. I'd learnt that he could lose his temper at the best of times. It was actually frightening the way he acted. A single tear rolled down my cheek, my upper back was pressed against the car door. "Wait...No, I'm sorry."

"Fuck you," I seethed, reaching for the door handle as I jumped out.

"Skylar!" He shouted, "Please don't go." Then I slammed the door and he rolled the window down, looking out at me on the street.

"Leave me alone!" I demanded, when I felt him grab my wrist. "Let go of me!" I stomped my foot involuntarily, snatching my arm out of his grip.

"Stop acting like such a child!" He exclaimed and I gave in. I stopped struggling, pouting as he locked his car.

"Stop treating me like one," I huffed, and then hurried off toward the back gate, sneaking back onto the school grounds without being noticed.

­-

My bed was so comfortable right now. It was my best friend. Literally, I had nobody else, right? Emma probably didn't want anything to do with me, Oliver was back at home with Jenna and as for Ethan, well, fuck him.

He spoke down on me like I was a child. Yes, I was a lot younger than him but it made me feel inferior, nonetheless. It made me feel less important. I hated him for that.

I figured out that I cried a lot, more than I did at home anyway. But that was only because I was drunk or high most of the time in LA. I didn't have time to cry. If the drink and drugs were confiscated I think I'd spend the rest of my life crying.

I'd come to that conclusion round about now as I lay beneath my duvet, cuddling a pillow as if it were a person. I didn't miss home, home didn't miss me. I didn't want to be here, the place wouldn't miss me, right? I'd been here for about a month. Actually, I'm surprised I lasted this long without facing expulsion.

"You're such a mess," I mumbled to myself quietly, snivelling when I heard a knock on my door. I debated whether or not I would stay in bed for a moment, but then I decided that I craved some company.

I held the corner of my pillow case, wandering toward the door with it trailing behind me. I probably looked like a sleepy three year old. Swinging the door open, my face lit up a little and I swung my arms around her. "Easy there, tiger." She chuckled, pushing me back. "Oh, you look like shit." She said afterwards. Trust Emma to make a girl feel better about herself.

"Sorry for earlier." I muttered monotonously. It took me a lot to apologise, usually. But it was me that initiated the argument so I almost felt obligated to.

"Have you been crying?" She asked, reaching forward to touch my cheeks. I shrugged, walking back toward my bed. Emma closed the door and then followed, removing her shoes and she sat down beside me.

"Wanna talk about it?" She questioned once.

"No." I replied, and she didn't repeat herself. I was thankful for that.

"So," She nudged my shoulder, my body rocking sidewards. I felt as if I was on autopilot, and I just sprung right back aside her. "What's the deal with you and Dolan?" Then she wiggled her eyebrows. I sighed.

"Nothing!" I protested. "It's not what you think."

"Mhm." She rolled her eyes.

"He was just...­­ Uh, he was helping me out with the art project I missed. Yeah, yeah, the art project." I nodded, stumbling over my words like an idiot. Anyone could tell I was lying.

She laughed and stared at me for a moment, but she didn't say anything.

"So...You like girls?" I popped the question, although it was obvious that she definitely liked girls.

"I like both, actually." She stated, running a hand through her hair. "I'm bi." She added quickly, and shifted on the spot.

"Oh," I nodded, "That's cool, I guess."

"I guess." She giggled, poking my side. "And...I'm sorry for ditching you. I wasn't ditching you I just..."

"What?" I looked at her, pushing some hair behind my ears.

"Youmakemenervous." She didn't even take a breath, looking down shyly. A blush formed on her cheeks.

"What do you mea­ Oh," Oh god, was this going where I think it was?

"I tried to get with Dakota because I knew you were straight." She explained, "I like you, Skylar. I really, really like you. But I know that you don't swi­"

"Who told you I was straight?" I interrupted her.

"What, are you saying you're into girls?" She laughed dryly.

"You never asked about my sexuality." I poked out my tongue, mimicking her from earlier that day.

"Well, are you?"

"I don't really know. It's a theory I should probably test."

We both chuckled and lay down, our legs tangled together on top of the sheets. "Hey, Sky?" She got my attention, making me lean up slightly. Emma propped herself up on her elbow, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah?" I hummed, telling her she could go on.

"Wanna test that theory?" Her eyes were hopeful, along with her tone.

Then she pressed her lips against mine.

LMAO DUN DUN DUN. HOW IS EVERYONE LIKING IT SO FAR???