~Chapter 9~

Please vote if you enjoy!

*Edited*

I don't think I have ever run so fast. I sprint through the crowds of people exiting the stadium and hurry around to the champions tent, where I was earlier. I slip in between the walls of the tent and into its silent interior. I look around, where is everybody? Where is Harry? I hear a kerfuffle behind me and I turn to see McGonagal standing in the official doorway, beaming.

"He's fine, just a few scratches- wait a moment, Clara? What are you doing here? I'm waiting for Albus-"

I ignore her question, and as Dumbledore enters the tent I run towards her, slipping past and out of the doorway behind her. I stop, my eyes meeting Hermione's. She is standing outside another tent, arms crossed over her chest with one eyebrow raised, her messy hair is blowing in the wind. I hear the sound of cameras flashing and the voice of Rita Skeeter coming from inside the tent.

"Where have you been?"

"Um- I went the long way round..." I gulp, catching my breath. She chuckles.

"Come one then!" She waves towards the opening to the hospital tent, smiling. Just as she does this, a group of disgruntled journalists and hurried out, rather begrudgingly, by Madam Pomfrey. Pomfrey shoos them away, watching as they mutter and trudge back to wherever they came from. Her eyes then land on Hermione, then me. The moment she sees me her eyes soften.

"Hello Clara dear" She smiles, giving Hermione a nod.

"Hello, Poppy- Madam Pomfrey. Sorry.." I give her a sly smile, and she returns it. "May I see my brother?"

"Oh of course Dear! Come on in." She beckons us to follow and leads us through a maze of white curtains, to an open-ended 'room' at the end of the tent, which contains a bed. In it sits Harry, who is holding his Golden egg, eyeing curiously. His eyes fly up to meet mine, and he smiles.

"I did it, Clara! I actually did it!"

"Harry it was brilliant, your Accio charm was amazing... I'm proud of you!" Hermione gushes, beaming at him. Harry and I laugh, "Well... that was cheesy. Sorry."

"I'm so glad you're alright," I say, going over to him and giving him a hug.

"Me too" He whispers. I pull back and sit next to him on the bed, smiling. Harry's eyes suddenly fly behind me and Hermione. I turn to see Ron, pale-faced and wide-eyed, standing awkwardly in the opening to Harry's 'room'. Before Harry could say anything, Ron stops him,

"Harry..." He spluttered, with a serious tone, "whoever put your name in that Goblet - I - I reckon they were trying to do you in!"

"Caught on, have you?"

My eyes nervously met Hermione's as I stood up and stepped beside her. Harry had a stern look on his face- I knew her was hurt, but Ron was trying to apologise.

"I-"

"No. Forget it" Harry says, the cold look on his face is replaced with a forgiving one.

"No, I should've-"

"Forget it"

A nervous grin peels across my face and I turn to Hermione, who promptly starts sobbing.

"Hermione?"

"There's nothing to cry about!" Harry exclaims and Hermione's tears continue, though she too is grinning.

"You two are just so-so stupid!" Hermione snaps playfully, giving us all a hug. She sniffs, "Come on Harry, your score will be up now. I want to get back to the castle." She then starts towards the exit of the tent.