~Chapter 22~

Please vote if you enjoy!

*Edited*

We make our way into Mad-eyes office, hobbling through Hogwarts corridors until we finally make it to it's grim, dark interior. He's let go of Harry, who is standing looking rather dazed in the centre of the room. I walk up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. I open my mouth to speak, but I'm cut off by a jolting mechanical noise and turn to see Mad-eye shutting the door. I reach around harry and take his left arm- the un-cut one- as Mad-Eye walks around the room and stands next to the fire, eyeing us. As he does, I take Harry's wand, unnoticed, from his back pocket. Moody takes Harry's arm and pulls him over to him, kicking a stool in his direction. He shoots me a look as if I shouldn't be there. Moody asks Harry what happened, to which Harry answers in ineligible run on sentences.

"Voldemort's back, Harry? You're sure he's back? How did he do it?" Moody asks. I slip Harry's wand up my sleeve and press my arm against my body. 

"He took stuff from his father's grave, from Wormtail, and me," Harry croaks, outside, I can hear the commotion at the Quidditch pitch. I have to take my mind off it- There are more important matters at hand than mourning.

"What did the Dark Lord take from you?" Moody asks, 

"Blood," Harry sniffs, raising his arm to show a gash running down it. I wince.

"And the Death Eaters, they have returned?" I watch Moody closely. He's sounding tetchy, and he's fiddling at his clothes, his eyes feverishly scanning the room. 

"Yes, loads of them..." I place my hand on Harry's back. I know he feels the wand through my sleeve, and he glances at me. He can tell something's up too.

"H-How did he treat them?" Moody get's up and starts searching for something, "Did he forgive them?"

Harry's eyes widen, "There's a Death Eater at Hogwarts! There's a Death Eater here - they put my name in the Goblet of Fire, made sure I got through to the end-" Harry tries to stand, but I push him back down, giving him a look. He didn't say that to moody, he directed it at me. A Death Eater. Here. Moody slows. He has his back to us.

"I know who the Death Eater is," He murmurs. 

I elbow Harry. Say something. "Er- Karkaroff? Did he put my name in?"

"No, Harry, it was I who did that..." Moody says, coolly. He stops fidgeting so much, stops going so quickly. Harry's eyes meet mine. I give him a look. Keep talking.

"Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they?" He snarls, "Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gilly weed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh?"

My heart jumps into my throat. Moody turns wand up towards Harry-

But I'm faster.

"Expelliarmus!" I yell, Moody flies back in an explosion of white light. His wand flies from his hand towards me. I don't catch it, of course, because it's me, and it clatters to the ground. Harry grabs it and stands up next to me, holding Moody's wand up. I grit my teeth, as Moody's eye meets mine, "Don't you dare touch my brother when I'm around, you piece of-"

The door flies open, and in burst Dumbledore, McGonagal, and Snape. Dumbledore marches over to Moody, wand at the ready. McGonagal reaches her arm around us and guides us behind her. I'm shaking. I slowly lower my- or Harry's - wand and glanced at Harry. He gives me a worried look. I look up to see Snape pouring something into Moody's mouth. 

"Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore bellows,

"Albus Dumbledore," Moody croaks, squirming.

"Are you Alaster Moody? Are you?" 

"No,"

"Is he in this room," No reply, "Is he in this room?!"

Whoever he is, nods towards the large black chest Harry and I are next to. I turn to it. McGonagal pulls us away from it. Dumbledore turns to it, raises his wand and says 'Alohamora'. The chest opens, clicking and jolting as inside the chest there is another, then another, until it stops. Harry and I lean over the edge to see a dark pit, and down the bottom, sat Alastor Moody.

"Are you alright Alastor?" Dumbledore calls,

"I'm sorry Albus..." The real Moody calls back. 

Harry looks around, bewildered. "But if he's Moody, then who is-"

I turn to the man with Snape's wand to his throat. He is writhing, wriggling- His skin moving on its own. 

"Polyjuice potion..." Snape mutters, as the man writhes and shrinks, the fake eye falling from his face to the floor. He changes and changes until- Barty Crouch Jr. My hand slips down Harry's arm, taking his hand. Harry squeezes it. Barty Crouch Jr- A Death Eater who escaped from Azkaban. 

"Send an owl to Azkaban... I think you'll find they're missing a prisoner." Dumbledore says. Dumbledore turns to us and tells us to go, and we follow McGonagal out the door. She hurries off to send the owl, and we slowly make our way out. We step out of his office, and I close the door behind me. The shaking has stopped for the most part. I take a breath, then turn to Harry, who is waiting for me a bit down the corridor. I run over to him, taking his arm. He smiles.

"Don't you dare touch my brother you-" He teases, elbowing me. 

"Shut up!" I giggle, and he laughs. 

"Thanks, for that. You figured it out first- God knows where we'd be if it weren't for that bloody head of yours." Harry says. I tighten my grip on his arm. I glance down at his wand, which I'm still holding.

"Here," I pass it to him as we walk, and he takes it. 

"Thanks- Ew it's got your sweat on it!" I elbow him,

"Ha. Ha." 

We ignore the elephant in the room. Neither of us wants to talk about Cedric or anything else that happened today. We just want to enjoy each others company, and I think we've earned it. 

xxx

AH

Only one more chapter to go, guys!

Thanks for all the support

5k reads?! 300+ Votes! Thank you thank you thank you.

Taylor xx