「EP6」「SS2」→ Romance Festival

Tui's POV

"Ready for your big date Tui?" Marissa teased as she tightened my shoelace, since I wasn't very good at tying my own shoe. "It's not a date, sis.." I told her, blushing and looking away she nudged my shoulder and laughed. "It's all good bro, say, if things don't work out with Crystal you could try to go for an older girl~!" I rolled my eyes and looked away, she was talking about Ivy. I can't hear enough about her when Marissa is around her. But i don't blame her, Ivy is pretty much her only friend. Marissa has grown a lot since we first got here. She accepted that I'm more popular than her I guess? Also that she can't be going around beating people up like she used to.

I'm happy to see her growing up, and she comments every now and then how confident I look. She praises me for that and I like it. "Alright Tui, I think you should go find that date of yours now." She told me, chuckling.

"Again sis, it's not a date!"

"It should be! Now go have fun!"

She opened the door and dragged me out. I began to walk over to crystal's house, but when I stepped out of the apartment complex she was already waiting with her mom's car parked behind her. "Hey Tui..." she greeted nervously. I smiled and her mother stepped out of the car and gave me a wave. She had some of her hair up in a bun and the rest of it down in front of her shoulders. She had on a light pink kimono with white flowers around it. She was absolutely stunning. I waved back and Crystal and I walked over to the car. We both got in the back seat and her mom began to drive us to the festival. "So Tui, i heard your dad is Alton, is that true?" Her mom asked, only meaning that Kat ended up telling Crystal and Crystal told her mom. "Y-Yes! It's true..." I responded.

"You know, Tui, I too went to school with him. My husband and I did, and we were good friends with him. Your dad, he was a nice man." She told me, I remained silent and she knew what happened to him, I could tell from how she's talking to me. "I'm sorry that happened to you, Tui. Just know your father inspired so many people in his day."

"Right..."

"Mom! Stop it, you're ruining the mood!"

"Sorry honey!"

"It's okay Crystal, it's fine."

Crystal looked worried, I put my hand on her shoulder and smiled. Letting her know I was okay with it, she gave a small smile back in return and we continued on with the ride.

*** ***
We arrived at the festival at last, when I stepped out of the car I looked around in awe. Cherry blossom trees were everywhere, there was a pond near by with a gazebo in a small bit of land around it, there were bridges that get you across the pond to the gazebo. There were some booths near by serving all kinds of things such as drinks, food, and souvenirs. It was 4:57 right now and the fireworks were going to start at 6:00. So we have to make the most of what we can do now before the show! "Hey Tui." Crystal grabbed my arm and directed toward a certain booth. "Let's go check out the store! My mom gave me 15,000 yen for us to spend!" She told me, holding up the money and chuckling. "Come on Tui! Let's go buy something!"

I nodded and followed behind her, when we checked out the booth, she was in awe. "Wow! Such cool things! Don't you think, Tui?" She asked. I looked around and there was a few stuffed animals such as a bunny and a bear or two. There were some necklaces, bracelets, a couple of hats and some shirts. "I think this would look great on you." I said, grabbing a necklace with a heart locket. "Oh? Well put it on me!" She cried, I complied and she turned around, I put it around her neck and she looked at it and loved it. "Wow, you're right Tui! I like this," she said, opening it and finding two spots to put pictures in. I felt my face grow hot as I noticed that. "Isn't this what couples usually get? And put..." she turned around and faced me, noticing how red I was. "Their boyfriend's picture their own?"