Chapter 35

By the time I had come to, it was obvious that I had already been moved to the cellar. My eyes darted around the dystopic themed room that was supposed to be the thing to keep me from being murdered by my ex-kidnapper. Ew, that feels weird to say. My vision fell on a pile of books stacked neatly in the corner and my toothbrush and other things in a small bag on the top along with some other pairs of clothes.

I appreciated the gesture but that didn't make the room any less claustrophobic, the four black walls, only separated by an intimidating metallic door and a glass panel that allowed me to see the hallway. I tapped the glass and wasn't surprised that the glass was extremely thick.

I felt as if I was a caged bird, something that was too dangerous to be let out into the world. It didn't feel like I was being protected, it felt like people were being protected by me.

"Don't be silly, this is for your own good," I muttered to myself laughing and shaking my head. "Plus they got me some books." I continued murmuring to myself, my thoughts seeming to continuously flow from my mouth.

I got up slowly, my head still throbbing and my vision hazing. I picked up one of the water bottles and took a sip from it, my throat welcoming the hydrating liquid. I found a book that I hadn't read yet and decided to make a start on it as an attempt to take my mind off of the current living situation.

My reading was interrupted abruptly by the unlocking of multiple locks, all giving an eerie click before Alfred entered the room with a solemn expression. "You passed out due to shock, we decided to move you here early due to the stress Jerome has been causing you." He explains and I nodded slightly.

"How long do I have to stay here?" I asked, fearing it would be long term.

"Unfortunately as long as Jerome is alive you aren't safe." He basically means I'm not leaving for as long as that psycho is alive.

"Can I at least see Bruce and Selina?" I pleaded and Alfred looked slightly concerned but quickly marked it with a small smile.

"Of course, Katerina." With that he left, being sure to lock the unsettling amount of locks that trapped me in here. He returned with Bruce and Selina in toe, the two looking unsettled but happy to see me.

"Kat!" Selina was first to speak, running up to the glass pane to see me. She seemed to have caught herself, moving back slightly and crossing her arms in an attempt to look as if she didn't care. "I mean hey, you aren't knocked out anymore." Her wording struck me as odd but I chalked it off to her lack of vocabulary. Although I didn't miss the look Alfred shot her.

"Hey, Selina," I replied with a smile in return.

"I'm glad you're ok." Bruce gave me a look of sympathy that made me feel the same as I had when I first got here.

"Hey it's not too bad, I've got books so it can't be that awful." I tried to lighten the mood. "You can come in you know, I don't bite," I stated playfully, noticing none of them had attempted to open the door and enter.

"We know but it's probably easier for us to talk like this," Bruce replied and I cocked my head to the side, surprised at his sudden vagueness but decided to let it fly.

"Yeah I guess, just be careful, you know Jerome can get in the Manor," I warned in an attempt to keep a conversation. I glanced over at Selina to see her looking angrily at Bruce, her fists clenched but looked as if it wasn't him bothering her specifically.

"Yes, Kat. We have taken special safety precautions." Alfred stated his voice in a more condescending tone than before.

"Oh ok," I said, my voice small and I fiddled with my hands awkwardly. "What's wrong Selina?" I was desperate to try and get them to talk to me, fearing that if I didn't keep the conversation going they would leave.

"I'm fine, Kat. Just having a couple of disagreements about some things is all. I'll come back later tonight, Penguin's expecting me." She muttered, roughly pushing passed Bruce in an angry manner.

"Please make sure she's ok. She does stupid things when she's upset." Over the month or so she'd known Selina she began to grow closer to the girl, learning her mannerisms and habits and judging on the way she stormed out, something big was weighing on her shoulders.

"She will be fine Miss Ferdine, she is in a mood is all." Alfred brushed off my comment and I felt a pang of surprise.

"Um well ok." Bruce looked pained and Alfred was trying to maintain a straight face, worrying me tremendously.

"We must get going, shall we Master Bruce?" Bruce nodded to Alfred before turning back to me.

"I will come visit tomorrow Kat." He looked so guarded and I couldn't understand what was going on.

"So soon? I-well goodbye." I didn't know what else to say.

"Goodbye." With that the two turned and left, escaping the vision of the small glass window.

What in the hell is going on?

Selina's POV:

I was beyond annoyed, how dare they lock her up down there like some caged animal, like she was some insane patient? I couldn't handle seeing her like that, I would never tell Kat that I actually thought she was cool but I still can't let her be locked up. I sat waiting for Bruce and Alfred to return to the living room, fury coursing through my veins.

"Look Selina-" Bruce attempted to speak as he neared me but I was quick to get up.

"Don't you dare 'Selina' me, how could you do that to her? Lock her up like a prisoner? She trusted you!" I yelled, shoving him back.

"She was a danger to herself and us, it is better that she stays there." Alfred tried to explain and I looked at him in disgust.

"A danger? How in the hell is she dangerous? She is terrified of a psychotic murderer that is trying to kill her, she isn't the dangerous one!" I spat at him.

"She had a mental breakdown, Selina! She trashed the library and it was only a matter of time before she hurt someone. She is paranoid of something that isn't going to happen, I mean if Jerome was in her room last night he would have hurt her but she was unscathed. She isn't stable." His words made my blood boil.

"I see what's going on." I humourlessly laughed. "You don't want to accept the fact that your perfect little Silver put Kat in danger, you don't wanna accept the fact that she was using you!" I mocked bitterly, realising how horrible the situation is.

"Selina that's not-"

"Don't try and deny it, you are a disgusting human being and I will make sure that she gets out of there. She doesn't deserve to be treated like a prisoner because you can't come to terms with the fact that Silver is a manipulative bitch and you fell for it." I hissed at him, my words venomous. "If you'll excuse me, I am going to help Kat because I actually care about what happens to her."

-------

Hey, guys!

I'm sorry for the amount of Jeromeless chapter but he will be back very soon I promise!

I would just like this chapter to give back to you guys because I realise that some of you are amazing writers that have books that are literally so amazing. So here are some of my personal favourites.

'Framed' written by 5secondsof_happiness (GUYSSS THIS BOOK IS JUST SO AMAZING OML)

'The Waiting Game' by InsaneFanfictionsJ (Still in the early stages but I'm already so excited for the next chapters)

'New Face' by OctopusQueen14 (Yes just yes)

'Psycho' by kencbi (I'm obsessed with this)

I hope you all realise how happy it makes me that you guys want me to read your books, it makes me feel all special and honoured that you all read my book.

Love Mikayla Xx