Chapter 30

Jerome's POV: Is this annoying?

I left that stupid hole in the ground and drove back to Theo's place. The whole car ride was filled with this weird lack of noise so I turned the radio on to try and clear my head. Ha! My head will never be cleared what am I talking about!

"Breaking news! Infamous serial killer and member of the MANIAX, Jerome Valeska, has crashed the funeral of his hostage Katerina Ferdine who had reportedly committed suicide due to her kidnapping. It was said that Jerome Valeska disguised as one of the mourning family and friends before terrorizing the guests shooting Jessica Menon once in the head, killing her instantly. For more information on this story go to our website." I smirked slightly to myself. Jessica deserved it. 

By the time one song had finished I was pulling into Theo's luxurious garage, wiping my slightly swollen eyes to try and not look weak. I plastered my renowned grin onto my face and waltzed into the mansion to be greeted by a pleased Theo.

"You have done well Jerome, the story is spreading all over Gotham." He praised me and I just kept my grin. 

"Glad it went well, boss," I replied trying to make the conversation quick but he had other ideas.

"Where were you after it happened?" He questioned.

"I had to settle some things, terrorize some people ya know?" I said, trying to sound as casual as possible. 

"You went to her grave didn't you?" He accused but of course I wasn't going to admit it. 

"Of course not, you think I actually care enough about her to do that? And I'm the crazy one." I laughed, getting ready to leave the conversation. 

"Do not lie Jerome. I had Tabitha follow you." He stated and my eyes widened. Out of all the people to see what happened. "It is much nicer now that she isn't here to distract you, I think it's fair to say it is better without her, don't you agree?" He glared at me slightly and I plastered the grin back on my face.

"Absolutely boss! She whined too much anyway." The negative words tasted bitter in my mouth as I  spoke about her like that. Who am I kidding? I miss her.

"That's good to hear Jerome, you should get some rest, big plans are in motion." With the dismissal, I retreated back to my room where I closed the door to make sure that prying ears wouldn't listen in.

Why did she have to go and die like that? It's a real inconvenience honestly.

Kat's POV: Sorry I'm going back and forth

"Katerina? You gotta get up." I woke up to someone shoving my shoulder lightly. 

"What?" I groaned, groggy from sleep. 

"Your dad's on the news come on!" I sat up quickly and followed Bruce into the living room where Alfred was watching the news. On the television screen was my father, teary eyed and fury stricken. 

"Here we have Mr. Alexander Ferdine, father of recently deceased Gotham High student, Katerina Ferdine. Mr Ferdine, can you tell us what exactly happened Yesterday morning at your daughter's funeral." I could see dad's anger begin to build further as they questioned him about the obviously emotional subject. 

"Katerina was my only child and the only person I had left, the funeral was supposed to be something for me to let go. To find some sort of clarity in what he had done to my daughter but that monster couldn't even let her rest in peace." The look on my father's face was truly heartbreaking, his eyes were teary and his voice was on the verge of breaking.

"So you're saying that Jerome Valeska was not welcome at the funeral?" The idiotic reporter shoved her microphone back into my father's face, the look of anger turned to fury as he glared at the reporter.

"of course not! I don't wish to speak anymore about the subject." With that the news cut off and they displayed a different story.

I didn't notice that tears had began to fall from my eyes and I reached up to wipe them away. Bruce glanced over at me sympathetically but I just shook my head, not wanting his pity. He was awkward but he slowly put his arms around me in a hug, it was really uncomfortable at first but it didn't take long for me to accept it and hug him back. I was slightly taller than him but it didn't stop me from sobbing into his shoulder, he patted my back in a second awkward attempt at comforting me and I laughed slightly, pulling away and wiping my puffy eyes.

"I feel like I've cried more in the past couple of weeks than I have in my whole life." I laughed, sniffling.

"You died, that's a pretty good excuse to cry I think." Bruce tried to assure me but I still felt weak. I never used to cry, never used to do anything of the sort, but here I am, sobbing in Bruce's arms.

"Whatever, let's just forget about it ok? We can see what Selina is doing and see if she wants to hang out?" I offered knowing that he wouldn't turn down an offer to see her.

"Ok, sounds good." He replied and I smirked.

"Of course it sounds good, you love her." I wiggled my eyebrows as his face went bright red.

-------

Sorry for the really short chapter! I was in a bit of a creative hole and I'm not happy with this chapter at all, hopefully the next chapter will be longer and more interesting!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

What are you guys going as? I'm going as Elmo because my friends always call me Elmo for my red hair. I did an Oswald if you know what I mean ;) I'm going trick or treating tonight and I might add a photo of how I ended up looking on the next chapter.

Thank you once again for all the amazing support! Every time I don't think it can get better you all surprise me with your beautiful comments and votes, you are all truly phenomenal and I don't know why you all picked this story but I am so incredibly grateful.

Love you all ~Mikayla