3- "Something's wrong with us."

Start from the beginning

“No, I'm not going yet. Rather I have something to discuss with you,” she voiced out, her annoyance showing off in her eyes.

“Can we discuss after this episode?” I asked but didn't wait for her answer as I grabbed the remote and switched it on. “See, we are getting to the most interesting part,” I said but then I saw the screen turning black again as she snatched the remote and turned it off. I let out a groan of disapproval.

“Vansh, I've been trying to get to talk to you for the past hour but you just keep on saying one more episode. Hear me out, will you?”

“Okay. Are you pregnant?”

She nodded and places a palm on her forehead seeming sick. “Yup, it's been three months now. See, even my stomach is bloating off a bit,” she said dramatically and even raised her top to show off her bare stomach. It was far from bloated.

“Is it mine or his?”  I asked, referring to that fair skinned bastard from her office.

She shook her head casually. “Actually, both of your DNA's got fused into my baby so now it has two fathers,” She informed, making me chuckle while she smiled. “Are we done now?” Ah, so she was kidding after all!

I gestured her to go on and watched her expression becoming grim by the second. “I don't know if it's something that needs to be addressed but I've been noticing for a while now.” Then she pointed a finger to both of us, making me curious, “Something is wrong with us.”

My brows knitted in confusion, “Of course there is. We've been happily stupid for a long time now. Why address it now?”

She tched and hit my head, “I'm not talking about our nature, you idiot. It's about us, our relationship. C'mon don't you feel it. We've changed from how we treated each other before. While I know that change is normal but this seems a bit ridiculous. Like we are just going on for the sake of it. Passing time. It's become a bit boring to be honest.”

I took in her words as they weigh down on me and desperately hoped it wasn't something to do with just me. “You have a point. I've been feeling a void between us as well. Like we're missing something,” I paused as I thought about it, “maybe it's because we haven't done anything out of the box for a while now.”

“Right, you think so too. Thank God, I thought I was the only one being delusional. Maybe it's because of how we've been caught with our work lives that nothing excites us anymore.”

“Not even sex?” I wriggled my brows at her.

She gave a side smile, “Obviously that's an exception. Conclusion, we need to go out and do something  crazy ASAP.”

“Right away Ma'am! I shall make arrangements for the same,” I said, saluting to her. I noticed her distressed face and cupped her face. “Hey, it's fine. These things happen. We are going to be okay, you hear me?”

She regarded me with a sad smile before engulfing me in my arms. “Just to be clear, I still love you.”

I hugged her back, feeling her hair against my hands, “I still love you too. See, it's working already. I'm feeling it.”

“Shut up, you're just feeling my boobs, you ass,” she joked and we shared a laugh. There was nothing to be worried about. We just had to pay attention to each other more next time. All that was left was a spectacular plan for a spectacular date.

~

“Does this remind you of something?” I asked, gesturing her to take a look around as if I owned the place.