Chasing Cars - IRL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Song: Chasing Cars
By: Snow Patrol
Album: Eyes Open
Ship: None
Words: 1564

Well do it all,
Everything,

Haley hung her head low, walking down her gravel driveway, kicking a large rock. She felt... Empty and alone.

Useless is the word she preferred.

Her friends, though, would kill her if she even though that. Heck, if they knew half the stuff cycling through her head, then they might understand a bit better.

A brisk breeze picked up her strawberry blonde hair, making her grey-tinted eyes follow up the trail to her house.

Welcome to Indiana.

On our own,

Katie sighed, watching the dead leaves on the street dance in the calm wind, which was rare for where she's from.

She thought of the ginger, wondering what she was up to.

Katie had just gotten out of school and was on her way home, excited to talk to Haley.

Welcome to California.

We don't need,
Anything,

Haley felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her Venturiantale jacket.

The grey one with the emblem on it.

FaceTime : Katie

She showed a small smile before pressing the green button.

"Hey!" She piped, seeing the brunette's face appear on the screen.

Or anyone,

"Hi!" Katie exclaimed, hearing the harsh winds of Indiana.

"What's up?!" She could barely hear her friend shout over the roaring wind.

"What do you think?" She asked with a laugh, making the ginger with pink stained hair giggle.

If I lay here,
If I just lay here,

Haley stopped laughing once she heard herself.

"Sorry... My laugh is literally the ugliest thing..." Haley huffed with a smile as Katie rolled her eyes at the redhead who had a drop of water land on the end of her nose, startling her.

"Woah!" She yelped, making the brunette giggle at her reaction.

Would you lie with me,
And just forget the world?

"Jeez... It just rains here constantly... It would be nice to have some sun once in a while," Haley complained as Katie gave her an annoyed look.

"Come to California! It never rains! Sunshine all day long!" Katie sarcastically stated, wanting to be in Haley's shoes.

At least, weather wise...