"Unbalanced love" -01

[KANAN'S POV]

'1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4.'
We all practiced on the roof.
'Kanan please, can we take a break?' Chika said while panting.
'Fine, we'll take a 5 minute break.'
'10.' Chika suggested.
'5.'
'10?'
'5.'
'Heheh 10.'
'Ugh, whatever fine 10.'
'Yay!'
I grabbed my small towl, put it around my neck, and then grabbed my water bottle. I walked to sit agents the gate.
Mari walks over and sits by me. She then takes my water bottle and gets a sip.
'M-Mari!? W-W-What are you doing, that's mine!'
'Oh but Kanan, sharing is caring!' She takes another sip.
'B-But you have your own!'
'Chika-Chii drank mine.' She says with a small frown.
'Here.' She wipes the top.
I just looked to the side and didn't say anything.
'Oh! Someone's blushing.' Mari says looking at me.
'Me?'
She just looks at me and winks.
'N-no I'm not...!'
'Mhm..'
'We should j-just get back to practice.'
'Awh, don't be like that Kanan! It's so hot, I need to sit a little longer. And you said 10 minutes too!'
I just look at her and give her a small, quiet groan.
'How adorable!' Mari says swaying.
'So anyways Kanan, I was thinking, we should go to the New Years festival together!'
'New Years?!'
'Mhm.'
'New Years is so long from now! What do you mean?? It's only August.'
Mari looks up at the sky- 'I had a dream. You were their Kanan! We went together. And it-.. It was so amazing. Just the two of us cuddli- I mean, hanging out together.'
'Like I said, it's so far from now!'
'I can wait. As long as I get to go with you. Alone. Just us two.' She says, and looks at me with a smile.
'Alone?.. Why alone..' I said to her.
'Why not alone?'
'I mean- why don't we all go together? You, me, Chika, You, Riko, Yoshiko..'
'Yohane! It's Yohane!' Yoshiko yells at me.
'What am I even saying- it's only August!!!!'
'Awh fine. We can all go together.' She says pouting.
'Mari, don't be like that. It'll be fun with all of us!'

What was her problem? Thinking of New Years? It's still summer, and she's already basically thinking of next year. She did say she had a dream, but still. Isn't it too sudden? Or maybe I'm wrong? ...Oh come on, that's in 4 months! I'm not wrong!
She had a dream. A dream with, I guess, just me and her. Does she, maybe.. Like m- WHAT AM I SAYING!? I covered my mouth with my hands. Finally after practice I went home. I started to think of what she said. That's how I got up to here.

That reminds me... A few nights ago..

'Kanan! I-I love you!'

My face goes blank.

I shake my head. 'THAT WAS ONLY A DREAM I HAD! WHY AM I THINKING OF THESE THINGS!'

I start to put my shoes back on.
'I'll be home later mom, see ya!'
I start running to the school. I was gonna see if Mari was still there. Usually she stays longer just sitting their, looking up at the sky. I've seen her. She just, looks. I always wonder what she thinks of when she's just sitting there. I always thought she kinda looked a little cute with her head up a tad, her hair blowing in the wind, her eyes in the sky. As I started to get closer to the school, I ran even faster. I finally got there to see Mari of course, laying in the grass. But this time I think she was asleep. Taking a nap. It was nice weather. A little too warm to me though. But nice weather.
'M-Mari..'
She moves a little and slowly opens her eyes.
'Oh, Kanan. What's up?'
'Mari... I really need to tell you something!' I-I don't wanna hide it anymore!'
'Kanan..'
'Mari! I-.. I-.. I love yo-