"Ivan, what is going on?" I ask him again. He looks down and doesn't answer me, instead just pursing his lips together.

"Ivan!" I yell at him. He looks back up at me.

"Max, just know that I did it for a reason," Ivan tells me.

"Did what?" I ask him. He looks down again. "Ivan, look at me!" Ivan looks back up at me, tears welling up in his eyes.

"What did you do?" I ask him coldly. He opens his mouth to speak when I hear the hum of an engine, but not just any engine- the hum of a Mogadorian skimmer. My eyes widen in realization.

"You turned me in," I say in disbelief.

"Max, listen..."

I don't listen to him. I quickly grab the handle of the car door and yank it open.

"Max!" Ivan yells to me. I still don't listen. He betrayed me and he betrayed the others as well. I jump out of the car and land on the ground.

I scream in pain the moment my feet make impact with the cold, stone ground. I fall on my side, holding my legs as if they feel like they're getting burned. I look at them but nothing's wrong with them. I move them and nothing happens. No sharp pain shoots up my whole leg like I've been electrocuted.

I see Ivan race towards me from the front of the car holding a small, square-shaped remote control with a small red button in the middle.

My eyes widen in panic and anger. He did that to me. He betrayed the Lorics, kidnapped me, and now he's electrocuting me so I don't escape, all the while trying to gain my trust and make me forgive him and listen to what he has to say.

I glare at him. Ivan freezes when he sees me glare up at him and I completely blame him. It's not my fault he decided to turn me in and electrocute me.

I use the same glare I gave him before our fight in the questioning room on the Anubis, which makes Ivan look even more guilty and ashamed.

"Max, I'm sorry, I-" Ivan starts but I cut him off.

"Shut up. I don't want to listen to one dam word you have to say," I tell him coldly and Ivan looks even more hurt.

I hear the hum of the engine of a Mogadorian skimmer come closer. I look up and see it just starting to land next to Ivan and I.

When the skimmer lands, Ivan grabs my arm and hauls me to my feet. He tightly grabs both of my arms with both of his after shoving the remote in the pocket of his Mogadorian trench coat, and he holds me so tight I can't even move.

A door of the skimmer opens, revealing a small army of Mogadorians. Not much, but I definitely won't be able to defeat all of them, especially without a weapon.

A Mogadorian solider walks towards Ivan and I, smirking.

"Well, well, well. You really were up to the job, weren't you, Ivanick?" He sneers at Ivan, who just nods his head yes.

The Mog looks at me and smirks even wider and I continue to glare at him.

"GET THEM!" Someone yells to my right. Everyone looks that way and I can't help but slightly smile as I see Nico di Angelo charge at the Mogs with an army of skeletons. The Mogs are surprised and some even look afraid.

The first skeletons collide with the Mogadorians and the Mogs immediately fight back. Behind me, Ivan is stunned. His tight grip on me has loosened, so I whip around and punch him in the face.

Ivan stumbles back, holding his cheek, once again looking hurt.

I hear a cry of pain from behind me. I turn around and Nico is sprawled on the ground, a burn from a Mogadorian cannon on his chest. A Mog walks over to him, smirking, a long Mogadorian sword in his hand.

"NO!" I yell at the Mog and I'm about to charge at him when Ivan grabs me from behind, holding me back by my waist. I struggle against his tight grip but I can't get loose. I try to use my telekinesis to keep the Mog away from Nico, but my legacies have been taken away again. I growl just as an idea pops into my head. Ivan's arms are tightly wrapped around my waist, but he isn't holding my arms down. So, I grab my blue trident necklace, rip it off of me, and flip it.

I wait for the necklace to transform into a snake whip then whip it at the Mogadorian and Nico. As it can grow to any length, the tip wraps around the Mog's leg. I pull my arm back and the Mog trips, slamming his head against the ground. Ivan tries to grab my arm but I continue to trip the Mog until he fully disintegrates. 

Ivan has stopped trying to pull me back but he's not letting me go. After a few more deep breaths, he leans in close to my ear and whispers, "Go."

He lets go of me and I don't hesitate. I rush up to Nico and kneel beside him, then check for a pulse on his neck. It's not there.

With shaky breaths and tears filling my eyes, I realize that Nico is gone.

------------------

Quick Question: What is your favorite ship in this series?