Chapter 5: A-animal friends

The other Hufflepuffs started coming back into the common room from the great hall. Feeling the need for privacy,Ellie took her jacket and left the crowded room and walked down the halls till she got to the huge grand doors leading outside. Ellie took a deep breath of the cool air as she opened the doors and walked out shivering slightly when a gust of cool autumn breeze blew her hair back. Ellie started walking down to the forbidden forest not realizing that, that was the way Newt went. The wind blew the tears across her cheeks as she sniffled back a sob. The night was frightening yet alluring Ellie thought as the darkness consumed her while walking into the forbidden forest to get comforted by her animal friends. Ellie walked deeper and deeper into the forest calling out the name of her pegasus Daisy.
            The Pegasus looked at newt and nuzzled his cheek, wiping off a tear before flying into the night sky for she heard Ellie call her name. "Oh great now the animals don't want to be near me" thought Newt as he leaned against a tree crying into his knees. The pegasus flew over to Ellie and gave her a playful nudge with her head. "Oh there you are Daisy" Ellie said fighting to keep the tears back, but not succeeding. Daisy knelt down on the ground and motioned for Ellie to get on with her wing. Ellie didn't question and slowly climed up on Daisy thinking how a midnight  ride may make her feel better. The pegasus got up and whinnied as she flapped her massive wings making them shoot up into the twinkling sky. After flying for a few minutes daisy started to descend into a clearing. As Daisy's hooves touched the ground Ellie jumped off and thanked her animal friend. Ellie walked over to a tree and laid down on her back gazed up at the stars, stroking Daisy's back as she cried softly asked herself out loud why Newt had ran off.