Chapter 11

Annabeth's POV

I stared at the neatly dressed people walking around in front of us.

A young man about our age put glasses of lemonade in front of us. I felt severely underdressed in my dirty jeans and shirt.

Grover reached for his glass of lemonade and I slapped his hand away.

"What if it's poisoned?" I hissed.

Grover shook his head. "It's-"

"Perfectly fine." A woman finished his sentence.

She sat in front of us. She had her dark hair up in a neat bun, with a seashell pin. Her jacket and pencil skirt were both a deep shade of blue. There was a trident embroidered on her jacket pocket.

"You are all safe here." She said in a cool voice. Her voice was warm even if she was talking in a formal tone. She had a genuine smile on her face and didn't seem malicious at all.

I crossed my arms. "You kidnapped us here, of course it's safe."

Of course I couldn't trust her.

"We apologize for that. But if it wasn't for us, Perseus would of died."

"How do you know-"

"These people- this place is associated with Percy's dad." Grover cut in cautiously.

"His dad?" I frowned. "But Percy told me he was just a fisherman..." my voice trailed off. Of course it was a lie. Zeus knew him, and Auntie Em knew him. He couldn't be "just a fisherman."

"We just wanted to know what was happening." The woman asked a little anxiously.

"We would tell you if we knew." Grover said. "You should of heard most of it from Posiedon."

She looked down at the aquarium coffee table. "Actually..." she looked up at me pointedly.

"Yeah. I'll just go.... where do I go?"

She stood up along with me. "Silvia will lead you to your room."

I narrowed my eyes. We didn't have the time to stay a night, but Silvia pushed me away faster than I could ask any questions.

"Silvia?"

The young woman smiled pleasantly at me with her dark brown eyes. "Yes?"

"How long am I going to stay?"

"Until Lord Perseus is okay." She answered promptly.

"Lord Perseus??"

"Yes." She opened the doors to the stairs. "He's as great as Lord Triton. Why discriminate?"

"It just sounds... wrong?"

"I don't think it is." She said defiantly. "He deserves it."

"Do you like him?"

She turned red. "Absolutely not! How could I like my boss's son?"

I raised both eyebrows. "Yeah. I guess."

"... Lord Perseus is-"

I could hear yelling and footsteps running down the stairs. Percy jumped over the railing and grabbed my hand, and I almost tripped over the stairs.

"What the fuck?!"

He didn't have the breath to reply. He closed the doors and grabbed the mop beside it and slid it between the door handles, blocking it.

"Come on."

I ran after him. He skidded to a stop and I ran right into his back.

"Lord Perseus-"