Into the Light

"Mr. Atlas, what is your opinion on Kari Mooney's new book 'The Last of Bird'?", asked the daytime talk show host to their special guest of the day, Senator Heron Atlas.

He paused for awhile and laughed, "I think everyone should read it."

The 46 year-old senator left the shooting studio to take his lunch at one of Yorkville's finest restaurant, escorted by his bodyguard. For the zone that's experiencing daylight in Domia, the live talk show would be watched by more than 50 million viewers. 

There were six Hollowan Generals House located in every corner of Domia. The biggest one, that also acted as the center assembly of the Hollowans in the Earth System, was dubbed the Bridge. Five hours after the deemed controversial interview of Heron Atlas, the upper-ranks generals gathered to discuss the issue. In the screen on a wall, they replayed the footage of the interview for Secretariat General Sinas. He was the deputy lord of this established Hollowan Imperialism and was asked to evaluate their actions regarding the matter.

"You have read The Last of Bird, General Sinas?" asked one of the officers.

"Yes, the one about people in a galactic system living in fear due to extraterrestrial invaders," General Sinas raised his voice at the last part. All the generals and officers present in the meeting wore their usual red and black uniform. Sinas, however, was padded with armor and fell with a black mantle reaching his ankles. They have successfully restricted liberating opinions to be released through media such as television and books, but the Kari Mooney piece somehow managed to sell millions of copies in bookstores.

General Sinas continued, "This politician is a stubborn one. He has been speaking out with a voice of his own and we cannot allow that. I want him captured in ten hours."

"General, where do you want us to bring him?"

"Aki um tseu lu."  With that command from General Sinas, the meeting was dismissed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Looks like some Hollowan officers hot on your trail," Heron's bodyguard informed after noticing the two police officers were following them. The Hispanic-descent man of 30 year-old walked casually after his employer that he vowed his life to.

"Are you certain this time, Spike?" Heron joked while fastening his pace because he knew that after the interview, this was no joke. They were eventually confronted in the end, with the officer aggressively grabbing Heron by the arm. The bodyguard was pushed away, which made Spike resist more. "Hey, stop that! Let Heron Atlas go."

Heron calmed himself down, "He's with me, alright?"

It is easy to see why Spike was thought otherwise. As a bodyguard, of course he had a gun with a holster. But his bald head and piercings over his ear, nose and lips made the appearance of a felon. He was wearing blazer over a shirt but his tattoo-ed neck suggests that ink was all over his limbs too. Spike was loyal, but maybe not as wise as he tried to fight off the officers. They gave a punch to his face and he fell down, temporarily knocked down. 

"Spike!" Heron yelled as he was dragged to the police officer's car. The witnessing pedestrians knew better not to interfere, and hesitant on helping Spike back on his feet. After a moment, Spike got up and went after Heron. 

He followed the car for an hour until it stopped near a interstellar travel hangar with what seemed to be a Hollowan spaceship preparing to launch. Few seconds before the hatch of the vessel shut close, Spike discretely climbed aboard and hid in the engine bunker. He was very tempted to come out and get Heron, but he was safe unnoticed in his hiding spot, and Heron was surrounded by five Hollowan officers that he was no match to.