I deeply have feelings for Carter, and the thought of her finding out makes me scared for some reason. I'm scared she'll put me down, and tell me we should just be friends. I'm scared she'll love someone else at the same moment I confess my feelings toward her. But most of all, I'm afraid that whatever we have now will be ruined once we break each others hearts, or something.

She means the world to me, and I honestly don't have the confidence to tell her at all.

I would be crushed if she were to ever put me down. I'll admit, I did think I loved Lacey, but she was kind of my distraction from Carter.

When I found myself liking Carter more and more, my fears were threatening to come true. And that's when I asked Lacey to be my girlfriend, of course. She was basically a distraction, but when I found out she was cheating on me, I felt almost relieved. It was only like I was losing a friend more than a girlfriend.

And yes, telling Carter that I think I loved Lacey was a bad choice. But I couldn't help it. I did think I loved Lacey, I did. But, I'm only at a young age, I don't even fully understand what love is.

Long story short, Lacey was to make Carter jealous. And let's just say, it didn't work.

I turn off the water from running, and get out of the shower. I ruffle my hair with a towel, before wrapping it around my waist.

Exiting the bathroom, I walk over to my room, shutting the door. I change into an outfit, and dry off my hair completely, before running down the stairs, hearing many voices talking.

I spot Carter talking to someone who looked very familiar, but I couldn't see who she was because her back was faced toward me.

"Ethan, sweetie," my mom comes out of no where, startling me.

"Yeah?" I ask, glancing over Carters direction once more.

"Where's your brother?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Maybe sleeping," I shrug.

"Okay, well go say hello to our guest, why don't you?" She starts to walk off but I call for her, "Yes?"

"Why are people here?"

"You forgot?" I give her a confused look, "Cameron came back from collage for a bit. Go say hi," I nod.

I walk over to Carter, and she spots me walking towards her way. She points at me, and the girl she was talking to turns around.

"Ethan!" Cameron says, coming in for a hug. I hug back instantly, "Hey, Cam" I chuckle.

"How are you? Haven't seen you guys since what? Last Christmas?"

"I've been good," I tell her.

We continue conversation, catching up on one another's lives, when I realize that Carter has disappeared somewhere, and that more people probably want to talk to Cameron.

"I'll talk later Cam," she nods going over to talk to our cousins, and aunts and uncles.

I walk through the kitchen, and open the back door that leads to our backyard. There, I see Carter sitting on the cement floor, near the grass as she pulls a couple grasses out, and throwing it back onto the ground.

I walk up to her, taking a seat right next to her on the ground. She doesn't make eye contact, nor does she admire my presence.

"What's wrong," I ask, knowing something's up with my bestfriend just by her body posture.

"I need some advice," she mumbles.

"For what?"

A sigh escapes her lips, "There's this guy," once those words leave her mouth, my heart stings, and I wish I hadn't came out here. "He's a very... special guy. And.. I love him a lot," she says.

I stare at her, my cheeks becoming hot from the tears threatening to spill out, but I don't let them. I'm embarrassed.

"But, something is kinda telling me I can't have him," she mumbles, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Is that 'something' your mind?" I ask her, leaning back a bit, holding myself up with my arms. I lay my head onto hers, letting out a sigh.

"Yes," she whispers.

I stay silent for a couple seconds before saying, "Don't listen to your mind. Listen to your heart. Everyone knows that," I chuckle.

"Yeah," she lightly chuckles back.

I bring my hand up to touch her hair, and doing so brings my wet dream into memory again. I still can't believe that shit happened. It felt so real. Now, I can't help but think,

What if it was real?

_______________

HEY YALL END OF CHAPTER 11

I DECIDED TO MAKE A WHOLE CHAPTER ON ETHANS POINT OF VIEW AND ITS SOOOOO MUCH EAISER WRITING FROM HIS POV

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please don't kill me from the dream part lol. 😂

I normally don't write smut but yolo ✌🏻️

AND THANK YOU FOR 1k READS WTH 💗💗

Until next chapter, cya! 💙