In Dreams

I've been out of writing too long, so this is just to let my muse start to fly again. I'm planning to work on my stories very soon.

Warning: Very minor suicidal thoughts at one point herein. If this is a trigger, don't read.

HEA RH GB

+++

"Sang, you're going to be late!" The woman's voice floated up the stairs, warm and gentle but thick with anticipation. This was it. My big day! I smoothed my hands over the soft fabric of my dress and grinned easily, watching my doppelganger do the same in the mirror in front of me. I was a vision in white - at least, that had been what the woman in the bridal salon had said when I'd tried it on. Right now, I could happily convince myself she'd been right. I felt beautiful.

I hadn't let any of my boys see the dress yet, despite my sweet, fashion-forward fiancée threatening me with death by hugs if I didn't let him take me shopping. It hadn't worked. I'd just smiled and told him it was bad luck to see his bride in the dress before the wedding. That - from the goofy smile that had spread across his face at my words - had been enough to convince him to let a professional do his job for once.

"I'll be right down," I called, casting a final, cursory glance over my hair and make-up. I'd been persuaded - and suitably furnished with a brand new black Amex - to get them done professionally, which had taken all morning, and I was beyond happy. The soft curls, which cascaded down over my shoulders and wisped at my temples, brought out the chameleon highlights in my usually dull, blonde hair, and the subtle eye makeup brought the green of my irises into stark relief against my pale skin. In short, I looked like I'd always dreamed that I would on my wedding day. I looked... happy.

I decided not to waste any more time contemplating my appearance. I had nine of the most heart-breakingly wonderful boys waiting for me downstairs - no, not boys. They'd all grown into men since I'd known them. Now, finally, they would be mine. Till death did us part. Forever!

"Goddamnit it, Trouble." I grinned. I'd know that voice anywhere. "Get down here. I want to marry you today... before I die of old age." Okay. Now I was ready. They were all down there, waiting, and I couldn't wait.

"Close your eyes, Meanie." I couldn't hide the delight in my voice. "I'm coming."

+++

"I'm going to kill whichever one of you did this to my Sang Baby." I blinked back a hot, fresh tear, gazing up into the fiercely protective eyes of my most zealous husband. His brows were furrowed in concentration, eyes focused on my face, as I tried hard to break every bone in his hand. I blew out a shaky breath, forcing myself to smile up at him - at all of them. They were all there; I knew it. I couldn't see them. The epidural had caused my eyesight to grow blurry a while back, but I could feel them. They were all here - for me.

"It might have been you, idiot." I stifled a weak giggle as a hand reached out to smack the broad shoulder above me, then winced in pain as another contraction wracked my body. "Did you ever think of that?"

The thick, dark brows rose as I watched, seemingly caught off guard by that idea. His whole body froze as he thought, threatening to set me off into hysterics again despite the pain rippling through my body. After a moment, my beloved husband's face erupted into a wide, beatific smile that transformed his whole face. "Brother, if it is mine, I have no worries left in the world! Let him or her be the first of many."

"We are all so proud of you, Aggele." Another face joined the two above me and I smiled, even as another bead of sweat rolled down my brow and pooled onto the pillow beneath my head. The deep, lightly-accented voice gave me all the comfort and strength I could ever ask for. "We love you."