Chapter 17

Lena

      Lena could sense she was in a room. A pretty dim lit one, but it was warm. Opening her eyes slowly, she could make out a figure standing at the end of the bed. Her eyes widened. Amelie stood as still as a statue, just watching her.  Lena was gonna open her mouth to speak, but her throat felt soar and dry. The only noise that came out was a choked back sound that seemed so sympathetic. Ew, she thought to herself. I'll ask questions later. For now, I think I'll just enjoy this moment while I can.

The two just stared at each other. No words spoken, none at all. The atmosphere was tense, yet relaxed. A slight crackling sound was heard and Amelie raised her two fingers to her ear. She turned around for some privacy. While Amelie was occupied, Lena observed her environment. The room was unfamiliar to her. I'm surprised Talon doesn't have any coffins or skulls laying around. She wore her usual brown jacket and yellow spandex leggings but they were ragged and dirty and bloody, but she herself was fixed up.

Facing Amelie again, she found herself getting sucked back into the French woman's glittering golden eyes. Mustering up her courage, Lena narrowed her eyes and spoke.

"How and why?"

She didn't answer at all. She just stood there and stared. Giving up, Lena covered her face with the soft blanket.

"I'm surprised you even sleep." Lena muttered. What with all the lives you-

"I don't."

-took.

Immediately, Lena sat up. She cracked a hesitant smile. "So she speaks."

She earned herself a cold glare from Amelie. "I was kidding."

"I am aware."

The small talk receded. Another awkward situation.

"Does Overwatch kn-"

"No."

"What!?" Lena started, clearly starting to get angry. Just as she was about to burst into a fit of curses, she took a deep breath and stared hard into the assassin's now amused eyes.

"Why?"

Amelie replied with a tilt of her head with a smirk, clearly trying to press Lena's buttons even more.

"I'm going to ask you again, if I may," she added with blunt sarcasm, "How and why?"

Another pause of silence. But this time, she finally replied.

"You're an annoying pest, and I would really rather you be dead. However, the boss seems like you could be valuable."

"You're going to use me as a hostage? " Lena scoffed. "They're not going to take the bait, you know? Overwatch would rather save hundreds of lives rather than just o-"

"One? Are you sure they aren't going to accept?"

"I.." She wasn't so confident now. "I'm not going to say anything about Overwatch. If you think for a moment that I will, I'd rather my mouth be sewn shut!" Sure, she said that, but Lena didn't even recognize her own voice.

"Then you better be careful what you wish for, Lena Oxton." An unfamiliar voice was heard. The door opened and a woman with an irritably confident face walked in. But goddamn she was gorgeous.

"Um, who the hell are you?"

"I'm your new roommate, sweetheart."

Lena glanced at Amelie with a confused look. Even she seemed disgusted to have the woman around.

"Just call me Sombra, alright?" The woman said with a roll of her eyes.

"Okay?"

"Now, this lovely woman here?" Sombra gestured to Amelie, "I'm sure you know her already and all." She said with her eyebrows wiggling. 

Lena replied with a disgusted scoff. "Hell yeah, I do!"

"Yes, but how well?"

The whole room went quiet. Sombra stared smugly at Lena, who had her eyes darting back and forth at Amelie and the other girl. Amelie looked just about ready to kill.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Lena said. She was completely pissed at this point.

"Miha, you probably don't know this yet, but Talon already knows everything about you and your pretty little family." Sombra nearly spat the last word.

Lena looked around for her pistols, but they were nowhere to be seen. In her mind, she was planning to blink out the window and escape. Okay, on three. One, two, three!

Nothing happened.

What?

Lena tried to blink once more, but it didn't work.

"Surprised, Oxton?" Sombra taunted with her fingers held onto a holographic button. Once Lena put all the pieces together in her mind, she groaned.

"You must be joking." Lena said. Sombra only shrugged.

"I'm leaving. I have better things to do." Amelie started.

"Ame, wait!" Lena asked. Amelie froze. She gave Lena a cold hearted glare that made her realize that she shouldn't have said that.

"Oh my, oh my!" Sombra smirked, "Looks like someone is triggered."

"Whatever. I'm leaving her to you. Do not fuck this up." Amelie hissed with warning in her tone. She left and closed the door, leaving only Lena and Sombra.

"You know, it's really obvious you like her." Sombra implied, her left eyebrow raised.

"Oh fuck off. How did you guys not let me end up dead, anyways?" Lena asked. She was trying to avoid saying that question.

How did you guys save my life?

It made it seem like she was thankful if she asked it like that.

"Salty, are we? Well, you see, I don't think you're in the position to be disrespecting your kidnappers like that since, you know?" Sombra gestured to Lena.

"You're completely ignoring the question!"

"But I wish I was ignoring you, though."

"Hey! That was completely uncalled for!"

"Ever heard of Stockholm  Syndrome, Oxton?"

"Of course! Wait, you think I-"

"No, you already had your little crush on her since before so it doesn't count."

"Fuck off!"

"So fiesty..." Sombra fake-pouted.

"What, did I hurt your feelings? I'm surprised you even had any." Lena insulted. Clearly, Sombra wasn't offended by it, but rather amused at the British woman.

"Girl, you and I are gonna get along just fine." Sombra said, giving Lena chills with fear.

A/N: Alright, so if you're gonna ask, why didn't Tracer react all surprised when she found out she was at Talon's HQ? For me, I don't think she would really react since she's used to surprises and all, y'know? Anyways, I'm making more chapters. Please don't get bored yet :)