Cookies

It was Christmas Eve. Marinette had just arrived home from a Christmas party and stepped into her home, the smell of freshly baked cookies hitting her face first. She smiled, rushing into the kitchen to help her parents decorate them. While she and her parents iced and sprinkle the goodies, they asked how the party was.

Marinette told them the truth that the party had been good but didn't mention that she had left early. The party had started at seven and ended at eleven. It was nine when she arrived home. It wasn't that she wasn't having fun; she just left like she was about to miss something at home.

After spending some time with their daughter for a few minutes, Tom and Sabine decided to head to bed. They claimed that they had a busy day at the bakery. Marinette understood, telling them that she'd finish up the cookies.

Halfway through the first batch, Marinette had decided it was time for a break. She climbed the stairs to her room, opening the trapdoor. She left the door open, allowing enough light in to see where the lamp was.

Marinette's room had been decorated for the festive season. Allya had come by on the first of December to help her decorate. They had hung ornaments from the ceiling, lined the walls with rainbow-colored lights, and made little cut out snowflakes. A gingerbread-scented candle sat on her desk, currently unlit seeing as though she hadn't been home in a few hours. The background on Marinette's computer screen had even been set to a picture of her crush Adrian Agreste in his father's new Christmas fashion line. The pictures had been released a month ago, though there was one she adored.

Adrian was wearing a Santa hat and a maroon knitted sweater with a pair of skinny jeans. Over the red sweater was a black coat with a golden zipper. Something about the picture, Marinette thought, made him look adorable.

Marinette flopped down on her bed, plugging her phone into the charger. Afterward, she slipped out onto the balcony. There, she had an amazing view of Eiffel Tower. She took a moment to gaze upon the scenery. The tower seemed to glow even brighter tonight with the fluffy white snow falling over the city of Paris.

Off in the distant, Marinette thought she saw something. A figure jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Squinting to seeing what it was, she caught a glimpse of messy golden hair in a black suit.

Chat Noir, she concluded.

He stopped a few streets away on someone's roof, leaning against a chimney. He, too, seemed to be enjoying the view.

"Hey, Chat!" Marinette called out. She watched his ears twitch before turning around. She waved her arms, letting him know who was calling out to him. Chat took off running toward here and was there in seconds.

"Well, well, well, what do I have to owe the pleasure, Princess?" Chat asked in his normal flirtatious voice, bowing as he landed.

Mari laughed. "What's got you in such a good mood?"

"I'm here with you, aren't I?"

Marinette giggled, shaking her head. "Silly kitty," she commented. "Wanna come inside. It's cold out here."

"Alright," Chat agreed, following after Marinette.

Chat immediately looked around the room. It had clearly been decorated for the holidays, but he also noticed all the posters. The posters of his civilian form. He had been in her room as Adrian, be he didn't recall seeing himself plastered to the walls.

"So, I take it you're a fan?" he asked, gesturing to one of the posters. He remembered from last year's autumn collection.

Mari blushed a little, nervously giggling. "Yeah. I'm a fan of Gabriel Agreste's fashion and his son's modeling. I hope to be as good as him one day."