Chapter 24.

He grasped hair and jerked me back, preparing himself to slide the blade through my neck, just like if I was an animal. His sweaty hands tightened their grip on my neck, almost strangling me and when he was about to end up with me, something distracted him and from one moment to another, I was released. A deafening "no" echoed across the place and, after touching my neck to check if he had hurt me, I found myself watching Jeffrey and Zayn struggle.

"We agreed to fucking wait Zayn!" Jeffrey yelled, dodging Zayn's attempt to stick the knife in his face. For lack of any weapon, Jeffrey tried to punch Zayn, but he was quicker than he thought and stabbed him at least seven times with all his strength, leaving Jeffrey lying on the floor with blood coming out of his stomach.

I glanced back cautiosly, in search of any signal of what I should do, and when I turned back to Zayn, he had collapsed on the ground.  I stood there, debating the possibility of using the little strength I had left, or staying there, waiting for someone to come with an unconcious Zayn right in front of my eyes.

"Holy shit, Sky! Thanks god!" someone shouted behind me and before I could see who it was, he had already wrapped me in his arms, holding my body against his chest. At that moment I knew. His voice, his smell, his touch, everything was as familiar as the palm of my hand.

"Liam" I whispered, releaf spreading all over my body. I looked in his eyes, those eyes that I had craved for to find me. "How did you know I was here?"

"I don't know," he removed a lock of hair from my face, "I just did." And he smiled, making a stupid grin tug at the corner of my lips. A huge frown took over his face when he glanced over my shoulder. "Zayn? What happened to Zayn?" he asked, raising his voice and attempting to run towards him. I grasped his arm desperately, panic flooding through my whole body to the thought of Zayn hurting Liam too.

"Liam, don't! He killed Harry" I rushed the words. "And so did Jeffrey." I looked to both bodies lying on the floor and again I felt as full of sorrow as ever.

"What?"

"He was going to kill me too, but Jeffrey distracted him. One minute I had the kinfe in my throat and the next one he was lying unconscious on the floor. We need to get out of here now" I said, gesturing with both of my hands.

"Your fingers!" he hissed without paying attention to what I had just told him. He took my wrist in his cold hands and my languid fingers dangled back and forth, completely broken. "Holy shit, Sky, this looks so bad. I should've never left you alone, I'm so sorry " he said, hugged me by the waist and let out a big sigh. He rested his chin on my shoulder and the tears started to form at the corner of my eyes.

"It's not your fault Liam, I..."

"Sky, I have to tell you something..." he said, wiping my tears with his thumb, but the fear in his eyes revealed that something not very pleasant was behind us and before I could turn around to face the obvious, Liam pushed me aside.

A moan escaped his lips and I almost fainted to the image of Zayn, with his eyes filled with fury, burying the knife inside Liam's stomach. Blood dripped down his shirt and spilled on the floor when the blade entered right through his body without warning. Fear and pain seized his face and he fell on his knees, holding his abdomen weakly with both of his hands. He gazed at me with amusement and desperation, and I read in his lips the word run.

But Zayn turned to me, leaving the knife hanging from Liam's body and looking at me with satisfaction.

"This isn't over yet."

Harry.

"No!!" I almost shouted, jumping on Zayn. I felt as strong as ever and, without a pinch of concentration, my hands connected to his chest and I pushed him to the ground. My breathing rushed and for a brief moment everything finally made sense. He was the one who had hurt me in the most lurid way.