The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Eight.

Another chapter (:

Agaiin not edited so there may be mistakes.

Hope you enjoy :)

Comment, fan vote if you like :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade POV.

I walked the halls with a new sense of freedom, I was on my own, literally for the first time in my life, I was walking somewhere I had never been before on my own. I had to admit, I was scared, every time someone walked by me I felt a little tense, but I smiled to myself, I had to forget it and just start to treat myself as a normal kid, no one knows me here, it will be fine. I found the corridor Grace had given me directions too and heard loud thumping music and laughter and just general noise. I stopped and peaked down the hall to a few open doors and saw strobe lights, dancing and A LOT of people. I was amazed, it was the just like the college parties on the TV shows. I knocked on Grace’s door and she answered smiling. “Come on in, let’s get ready and partttttttttttt-ayyyyyyyyyy” I laughed shaking my head as I walked in.

Josiah POV.

I walked back to my room mad at myself. I had made her angry, again. I don’t know why but I felt guilty I was treating her like a little child but it wasn’t my fault? How else could I treat her? I couldn’t ACTUALLY treat her like my friend, I could slip up and she could get hurt and that just can’t happen. It just won’t happen. I sat down onto my sofa and decided on watching some TV to forget all this drama for a little while, before I could relax just a little, I called Graham. “Everything fine?” I heard his deep tone “Yes, everything fine and normal, she secure in room?” “Yeah, locked in and secure.”

Jade POV.

“Jade, you can’t wear that?” I frowned “I don’t know, I haven’t been to anything like this before?” She rolled her eyes “Ok, well let me let you in on a little party secret, the girl in skinnies and a jumper doesn’t look like the kind of girl anyone would want to party with?” I sighed “Fine, well I think maybe I’ll just go back to my room.” She frowned “No, wait I think I have something you can wear?” I frowned; I hope it wasn’t like what she was wearing! She had tight short shorts with a crop top, which on her looked stunning, on me would look…well let’s just not go there, I’m not exactly one for getting my body out.

Grace came back to her bedroom with a black strap top and a pair of fishnets. I frowned “You have to be kidding me right?” She smiled waving them. I raised my eyebrows talking in a louder tone now, out of shock. “I can’t wear a top and tights!” she tutted at me and threw the clothes at me “The top will look like a mini dress on you, I don’t know if you realise but you are only a little one aren’t you?” I squinted at her “Hey, enough with the height jibes, I may be small but I am NOT a little girl.” She smiled “Willing to prove that my lovely.” I smiled and hit her in the arm jokingly “Fine, but if anyone says ANYTHING about my outfit, your dead, my LOVELY” She smiled “That’s the spirit, threatening me and we haven’t even had a drink yet!” after I was changed, Grace put waves through my hair and added some black eye make-up to frame my blue eyes and in her words, make them pop. After she had applied lipstick to match her hair she clapped her hands “Let’s go.”

As we left her door, I noticed she didn’t even lock it and laugh to myself, I was so right, Josiah was way over the top, most normal people don’t even lock their doors! As we walked to the open door to part of the party I could smell the alcohol, well I only know what it smells like as I drank some of my dad’s whiskey last new year’s and got really drunk and ended up flirting with Graham! Everything was dancing and having fun, as we walked through I felt some eyes run over mine and Grace’s bodies and felt a bit nervous. It was dark but the flashing strobes were making it light enough to see people. Grace handed me a small shot glass and clinked out glasses together before downing the whole lot. I smiled and took a sip of my own, wincing at the taste. She laughed shaking her head “You’re weird. Different from the girls I’ve met here, I think we shall become great friends you know?” I smiled and then downed the rest of my shot and smiled “Same back to you Gracie.” She frowned “Yeah, I’ll take that back if you eve call me that again?” I smiled and handed her my shot glass “Another shot please, Grace-ie” She shook her head and snatched the glass from my hand walking to fill it again with the burning drink I’d just swallowed.

I looked around and started swaying to the music. I felt someone behind me and span around. “Drink up, your being checked out?” I frowned downing the drink she’d given me, feeling the party vibe now. She nodded to behind me; I looked to notice the guy from earlier, the one that had fallen on top of me. He smirked and started walking…towards me, I freaked out with wide eyes and turned to Grace who smirked and winked as she turned and left me. She left me. Well I guess she just thought I’d have plenty of experience with guys at parties, well you know what…I may have slept with one guy…but it was a huge mistake and I haven’t ever met a guy at a party! “Hey?” I turned and coughed slightly and tried to force a natural smile “Hey?” she smirked towering over me “So you’re the girl I trampled to the ground?” I nodded “Yep that was me?” He looked around slightly “You not with your boyfriend?” I frowned “What- Oh the guy from earlier?” He smirked “Yeah you know the guy that went all macho on me for accidently bumping into you?” I blushed slightly “Oh sorry about that, but he’s not my boyfriend, just a friends, little protective, don’t worry about him” He nodded taking a sip of his beer. “I understand, if I was your friend I guess I’d be a little protective of you too. You know a girl like you could get a little lost around here, you’d do good to stick with the good people you know?” I frowned a little “What do you mean a girl like me?” He tilted his head looking directly down at me making me feel even smaller. “Just saying, you should be careful?” I took a step forward and smiled up at him “I can look after myself, don’t you worry.” He smiled looking back up to normal “Good to hear.”

Grace came to my side and smiled at… wait I didn’t even know his name? “Hey, what’s your name?” He smiled “What’s your name?” Grace stepped forward handing me another shot and smiling to the guy, “I’m Grace, and my lovely friend here is Jade” He nodded to her “Thanks” Grace nodded and danced off into the crowd. An hour later I was feeling a bit tipsy…well I don’t really know what I was feeling, the strobe was making everything pause as if someone was taking pictures with the flash on too bright and the world just kept on pausing. I was dancing around without a care in the world and I loved it! I danced with Nick; he eventually told me his name. He seemed to be a pretty decent guy. He left me on the dance floor to get drinks for us both when I felt sweaty hand go around my waist. I turned to see a obviously drunk guy smiling idly at me and I frowned taking a step away he stepped forward, his hands going around my waist “Come on darrrrrling, let’s have a danceee, don’t be shy nowww!” I tried to push him off but he was a bit too strong. I would not be mauled by this drunken man. I pushed him and slapped him across the face “Get your hands off me ok?” He smiled “Feisty…” I shook my head backing away. I was going to leave the party for some fresh air and to phone Grace to see if we could maybe head back hers as it was getting kind of late now, when I was picked up from behind I was about to scream when a hand clamped over my mouth.