Day Four

Chapter 5

My brain throbbed inside my skull. It felt as if I would explode. I sat up instantly, glanced around, then realized I was back in the same bed when I first got here. I pulled the sheets off and stood up slowly. My back seized up again and I fell to the ground. What the hell? I tried standing up again and the pain was gone. Confuzed, I streched. 

Once outside the door I wandered to try and find mr. preppy. Four large living rooms, seventeen different bedrooms, and five long hallways later I threw my arms in the air, frusterated, and sat down. ffff. Where was he when I need him? A familiar voice finally sounded off

"-dress. High heels. A tiara. Uhh. Lets see... What else? Oh! And don't forget the rings!" Val said as he walked with several people following, writing things down. "Ah! Miss James! So glad you are finally awake. How are you feeling?" He extended his arm, helping me up. 

"Not bad." I said smiling. slightly cringing from the migrane.

"Good. Now I need your help. I feel like I am missing something on ly list. Read it off." he commanded.

"A long white, sleeveless dress, high heels, tiara, and wedding bands." A short man with black hair said.

"Wedding?" I asked.

"Yes. I have to plan a wedding and I have no idea what else I need..." He mused.

"Well if its a wedding then you might want flowers. And obviously music. Probably a piano. Some sort of decoration." I said, thinking. "Yeah that sort of stuff. You might want to ask the bride though. Since its her wedding shouldent she choose?" I asked.

"Oh! Yes! So. What would you want then?" he asked, smiling.

"Huh? But I'm not the bride. I said ask the bride." Confusion filled my face.

"And thats what I am doing.." He nudged on.

"What are you-" I stopped. "What? Please, Val. Please don't tell me I am the bride." I close my eyes, inhailing deeply.

"Well, yes you are." He stated, clueless.

"What the hell!?" I shreiked. "Why the hell am I the bride?! Who on earth could I possibly be getting married- No. NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" I shook my head. "No way in hell! ME??? Marry Mr. Preppy!? NO!"

"But we already sealed the agreement with your father." 

"SEALED the agreement?! This isnt some sort of slave transfer! You cant just seal me away and expect me to be okay with that!" I yelled, tempted to run.

"No. I didnt meant that! We just had to get his permission." Val said grabbing his cell.

I snatched it out of his hands and quickly dialed my dads number. It rang twice and he answerd in a happy voice.

"Hey Va~al!" He almost sung.

"What the hell is your problem!" I yelled into the phone.

"Kyra? How'd you get Val's-" I cut him off.

"That doesnt matter! I want you to tell me why the hell I am marrying Mr. Preppy! Why the hell would you agree to that!? What is wrong with you!?" I slammed the phone closed. "He'll call back later and when he does tell him that next time I see him I am going to strangle his neck!" I yelled, walking away. I went back to the room and locked the door.

I crouched down on the side of the bed and started to cry. Voices came from outside, in the hall, trying to persuede me to open the door. I didn't care. My life was just made up for me and I had no say. Pretty much like being sold as a slave. 

After what felt like hours of crying, my body ran dry. I lay on the ground on the brink of sleep when the door opened. I wondered to myself, If they had the key why didnt they open it earlier? 

Mr. Preppy bent down beside me and brushed away my hair. I closed my eyes not wanting to see his face. He gently picked me up and set me on the bed, then walked out quietly. Sleep clamed me quickly, however, nightmares flooded my thoughts.