Day Three

Chapter 3

Darkness surrounded me. My head turned as I looked for a light. Nothing. I couldn't see anything. Was this a dream? Where the hell am I?

A loud beeping came from above. I stared abouve me for some time. Then realized... Duh its a dream!

My eyes opened and I slamed down on the alarm clock, knocking it to the floor. I rubbed my head and sat up sighing. I moaned. My back twanged with pain. Lovley. I dragged myself into the bathroom and tied my hair into a ponytail, washing my face off with cold water.

"KYRA! ARE YOU AWAKE!?" Dad hollered.

"YEAH!" I yelled back, my voice sounding scratchy. I coughed clearing my throat.

"Yeck." I said as I hacked up some mucus. "Oh, please tell me I'm sick." I pleaded to myself.

Running downstairs I crased into my dad, holding three boxes. "Sorry." I said quickly picking them up, placing them in his hands, and running to he kitchen. I yanked a thermometer out of the drawer near the stove and stuck it in my mouth. It read out "99" I sighed. Nope wasnt sick. Damn.

_________

I stomped down the halls of the science builing coughing. I walked into the bathroom and spit in the sink. Normally mucus was yellowish-green right? Uh-oh. Red. Blood.

I started coughing again and ran to the toilet, throwing up. I opened my eyes to see blood spread throughout the clear water. Seeing that made me actually throw up my breakfast. I hate the sight of blood. Ugh.

I flushed the toilet as the bell rang. Racing down the hall twords p.e., passing the pres. and stopped.

"Hey," I huffed. "What's up?"

"You ok?" he asked, worried.

"Fine, just feeling a little lightheaded is all." I smiled. "Sorry but got to head to p.e. now. See ya." I waved as I ran.

I slammed into the door, then yanked it open wandering into the back.

"- Be running the mile. All of you are expected to participate!" The p.e. teacher barked.

___________

Huffing, I ran in the middle of the group. I coughed again. I ran faster hoping to get this over with.

My back suddenly seized up. I gasped and fell to the ground, coughing up more blood. The girls in my class sheiked for the p.e. teacher. I heard some calling and I looked up. My eyes weakened. oh please, don't pass out. Passing out is for the weak, I yelled to myself. Darkness surrounded me like this morning. Help..

__________________________________________________________

My eyes slowly opened. I glanced around, half expecting to be in a hospital. Uhh... This doesn't look like a hospital...

I sat up and pulled the blankets off. Hmm. It looks more like a rich kids bedroom. Peeking out the window, I glanced down. Woah. I must be on, like, the third floor of this place!

I snuck out the door and tip-toed down the long hallway. Peeking around the corner I heard voices. I listened in.

"-Is she? Did you find out what was wrong?" Mister preppy was in the huge livingroom with someone who looked like a doctor- mister preppy had his hands balled up, looking worried.

I leaned in closer trying to hear what the doctor was reading off his chart. My head fuzzed. I felt myself fall, but didn't feel the ground. Darkness shrouded my mind once more.

__________

I moaned and rolled over, then quickly realized there was no more bed left. I thuded to the ground and winced. My wrist throbbed. I looked up and saw I was in a different room. How many rooms did this damned place have?!

I stood up, rubbing my wrist and walked out the door, hungry. This place must have food somewhere... I wandered for a while and got tired. I sat down on the floor and sighed. Where am I?

Voices flowed down the hall and I ran and hid behind a desk.

"Have the cooks prepare some food for our guest. I have a feeling she'll be hungry." mister preppy commanded, the butler bowed and walked away to fufill the orders.

"You can come out of hiding, miss James." He laughed. I stood and smiled, waving.

"So you got some food right?" I said as my stomach growled.