His features slowly became more relaxed as he looked at Belle and he knew he couldn't be mad at her, just worried that Gold would hurt her. "Lass, I would never think that about you... I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"So, you're not mad?"

He shook his head with a weak smile.

Belle let a sigh of relief.

"But I do have to warn you... if he hurts you I'll break his neck."

Belle laughed, not believing he acutaully would. "Okay."

Killian looked down to the floor, his thoughts going back to Emma. Belle put a soothing hand on his shoulder.

"You need to make things right with her. You two had something special and rare and... you're absolutely miserable without her. Why don't you tell me more about this future you envision?"

He lifted his head, his eyes growing soft and thought about her question for a moment before he replied. "I guess, I imagine that we date for a while and when the time's right, I propose... probably in the cheesiest way imaginable..."

She gave a light laugh, knowing he would do just that.

"Then we'd get married on the beach... nothing big, just our closest friends and family and we'd get a house with an incredible view of the ocean and we'd have kids, maybe adopt." As he spoke of their future together, Killian looked ahead at Adam and Ava and couldn't help but smile at the thought of adopting them. "And we'd probably fight about whether we'd get a cat or dog and where our kids would go to school, but at the end of the day, I'd hold Emma in my arms knowing that no matter what, I'll always be there."

Belle smiled. "That sounds lovely, Killian."

Killian continued on about the future he envisioned and for the first time in a while, he was laughing, feeling like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders from being able to express everything he wanted... everything he imagined.

"You need to go right make things right with her, Killian."

He nodded. "I know."

"Right now," she encouraged as she gave him a nudge. "Don't worry, I can handle things here."

"You sure?"

"Yes, go."

"Alright. Thank you, Belle." He kissed her cheek and quickly left and went to Emma's place. When he walked in, there was no one home, so he waited on her bed As he looked at the ceiling.

*****

Killian looked out the window of the orphanage, the rain hitting the glass harshly as he thought about Emma. Every moment that passed since she left, he spent thinking of her, wondering if he would ever get to see her again.

"Killian!" His thoughts were interrupted when Liam ran into his room excitedly. "Killian, we're being adapted! We get to leave this joint! Come on, let's get packing.

Killian looked at him in bewilderment as he tried to process this. "Someone's adopting us? Who is it?"

"Does it matter, little brother? We get to leave and you can find your girlfriend," he said in a taunting voice.

"She is not my girlfriend," he said defensively and at the same time he was hiding a smile because, boy, he wished that were true.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Get your things together."

Killian looked at him confused. "We're leaving now?"

"Yeah."

"But, we haven't even met them yet."