XXXII.

Killafornia

Rack City

I had no idea what the fuck to do. I deal with addicts and drugs, not pregnant women and waters breaking. On God, I was praying she just lost control of her bladder but as luck would fuck me from time to time, that wasn't the case. Instead her body gave the eviction notice for the baby and now here we are at the hospital. I don't even know how they managed to talk me into staying in the room with her while she was going through her labor. I don't know shit and everyone keeps asking if I'm the damn father... do I look like I need a baby on my hands? Fuck no.

"Please tell me CJ is on his way." Vanity breathed out clearly in distress and I just kept looking back at my phone to see CJ's ass left me on read like the asshole he truly is. "Rack City?"

"He left me on read, I'm trying to send him more texts but nothing. Lemme try calling him." She gave a nod and I pressed the phone on the screen, bringing it to my ear. "Voicemail." I said hanging up, putting it back in my pocket. "Chas isn't answering either."

"Oh no, court's already in session?"

"Yeah I think so." Finding a chair off in the corner, I pulled it out and next to her bad, taking a seat as she laid there on her side with some shit attached to her arm and in a gown that she already mentioned earlier she found to be uncomfortable. "For a female who's in labor or whatever, you move around a lot."

"It's hard to find a comfortable position and I'm in a lot of discomfort."

"So get the shot? Shit, I'd have asked for six of 'em if I were you."

"I don't like needles and especially one that goes in my lower back, no thank you. I'll gladly pass on that one." Suit yourself. "I just want CJ here." I know you do and I want his ass here too because I don't like being in hospitals or doctor's offices let alone the delivery room. Looking around there wasn't a whole lot to look at but there was a TV and I wanted to turn it on but didn't see a remote for it anywhere. Looking out the window, there was a bush in the way so I had a terrible ass view and now I was starting to get hungry.

"I'm gonna go-"

"No no no, please don't leave me here alone." She plead staring up at me like as if she was on the verge of crying... but I want food. I'm hungry, I didn't get to eat because we were supposed to stop by McDonald's on the way to the court house but there was clearly a sharp change of plans.

"I'm not leaving as in getting in my car to drive off somewhere, I was just gonna go out to the waiting room and see if there was a vending machine. I'm starving and if you want something, I can get you something too?" I offered as I stood up from my chair and reached into my back pocket to pull out the spare ones I had folded in there.

"Oh okay, just please come back."

"I will, wasn't just gonna up and leave but you want me to bring you back anything if I find a machine?" She gave a quick nod. "I'll try to find some M&M's. Just hang in there and I'll try getting a hold of Chastity while I'm out there searching." Walking around her bed and out the door into the hallway, where I was greeted to a rush of nurses around a stretcher with a man who was a bloody mess and of course that caught my curiosity because I wanted to know who that was and what had happened. One of the nurses was one I used to mess around with a little bit so I'll ask her when I see her again because if that was the result of some street beef, best believe I need to know what went down.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and to my greatest surprise, it was finally CJ. Sliding my finger across the screen and bringing it to my ear, I located the vending machine as well so these were some good signs.