2 - • Fred •

Ronald Weasley sat glaring at his twin brothers a day later during their lunchtime. He was with Harry and Hermione and was telling them the story of what had happened that morning; Harry knew, and was failing to get a hold of his forming grin as he listened once more of what he had seen that morning.

George wouldn't say how he had fulfilled his vow but Fred and Lee got the picture when they counted all of his yawns and pointed out the bags under his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep last night," he was saying. "I couldn't wait to watch Ronniekins chase after all his granny panties!"

And so they did. They had hidden all his underwear that morning before he woke and laughed as one by one he picked up his underwear and, red in the face, hid them in his schoolbag. Professor McGonagall, who was not impressed, threw Ron a pair that were dangling on the handle of her classroom door. While doing so, George had complained about how he thought up ways he'd be able to hide a pair in Draco Malfoy's sling, but found they were all impossible without him realising.

It was rather disappointing that Hagrid had lost all the fun in their Care of Magical Creatures class and stuck to boring creatures to ensure that nothing remotely similar that happened to Malfoy would happen to anyone else. Fred, George and Lee didn't even get the chance to see anything as exciting as a Hippogriff and were forced to work with Flobberworms and Bowtruckles like every other year-level. Fred and George, however, were threatened with House points during their second Care of Magical Creatures lesson because they'd tried to steal a Bowtruckle.

Professor McGonagall passed the boys for the second time that day and spotted them wasting their weekend messing around (they were fooling around with their Stink Pellets and she had almost spotted them) and demanded that they use their time wisely in the library for O.W.L study. So off the trio sulked on the way to the library, plotting to use one of the few Stink Pellets they had left on Filch if they saw him.

"Why is it that McGonagall is always there to ruin the day?" Lee sulked.

"It's her duty to rain on your parade. It's like she can smell the happiness, you know, her being an Animagus and all -"

"And she's secretly one of those Dementor thingies -" George added, pointing a finger at Fred conversationally.

"A Dementor under Polyjuice Potion," the twins said together thoughtfully.

The trio entered the quiet library, the smell of old books wafting from the shelves and the sharp eyes of the stern librarian Madam Pince watching the boys closely, as she usually did when they walked in. The looked for an empty table as there were fifth-years all over the place already studying their subjects. Lee, who was sulking ("I don't want to study,") suddenly straightened up with a grin and grabbed Fred's head and turned it toward a table in the corner by one of the shelves.

"Well, well, would you look at who it is?" he teased. Fred's eye caught on to what Lee was indicating, and George immediately chuckled. "Well, what are you standing there for? Go and talk to her."

Fred mouthed wordlessly, wishing he could take back the vow but knowing full well that he could not. He'd said the words. Now he had to go through with them. His brown eyes looked at the ground for a moment, then back up over at the table in the corner, where a pale Slytherin was sitting, her black hair tied in it's usual braid and delicate, long, dark eyebrows softly pulled together as she scanned her copy of the Daily Prophet. Her grey eyes flickered upward and caught his stare, like she could feel it on her the whole time he was looking.

"George, have you ever heard of anyone somehow reversing their vow?" Fred said in a shaky voice, breaking the eye contact with Beth Black.

"Can't say I have, Fred," his twin replied before giving him a soft shove in the back. "Now go talk to her. The sooner the better, mark my words. The whole time you're with her just think about how you'd like to get it over with. Oh, bloody hell. Lee, this is bad, what you've done. Say Beth Black actually does fall for it . . . she'll be heartbroken. Mum brought us up to be gentlemen, I think, and if she finds out what we've done . . . if Dad finds out what we've done . . . We can't go around breaking girls' hearts. And if Mum and Dad find out about making the vows, well, like Fred said - he's got the mark still printed on his rear end for you to take a look at."